Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

How do you ladies split your:

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 4:26 PM
  • 18 Replies

KIDS?????

My co-worker has 3 kids. One is "his", 2 are "theirs". Her sister wants to take "their" kids to Hawaii, but doesn't want to take the 1st kid that is "his" from a different marriage. Who does this??? They all live together in the same house, full-time. The oldest one sees here mom very rarely.

How do all of you split your kids for visitation/vacation/summer time etc...? I know it's usually according to the child custody agreement, but how about for other family members? Grand parents?

I think you either invite them all or none go.

Thoughts???

EDIT- Thank you- I thought maybe I was the crazy mom just not "getting" it!

by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ms-superwoman
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 4:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree. You can't take one kid on a vacation and tell the other one well your from a different relationship so you can't go.

I would tell the sister to shove it where the sun doesn't shine and take ALL the kids somewhere.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this
What?

No. We don't spilt children, that's crazy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happinessforyou
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you!! I thought this just sounded horrible. I have 2 kids and if one was purposely left out, I would kick somebody's booty!! And it just crushes the other kid. You think growups would KNOW this is not a good, kind thing to do.

Quoting ms-superwoman:

I agree. You can't take one kid on a vacation and tell the other one well your from a different relationship so you can't go.

I would tell the sister to shove it where the sun doesn't shine and take ALL the kids somewhere.

MicahBoo07
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 5:03 PM
1 mom liked this

what thats so rude and going to make the child feel left out. My kids are accepted by my family 100% by all members. There shoudn't be any split

MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 5:06 PM
I have an older half sister (she has a different mom) and my moms family always accepted her as family no matter what. Only she grew up in a different state. That's messed up what that sister is doing. What a bitch!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
muwchck
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 5:10 PM

That's crazy.  My in-laws have accepted Cameron as their own grandchild even before hubby and I were married.  They've sent Christmas and Birthday presents as grandma and grandpa from the very beginning.  Now my parents will take one child at a time, but if they take the baby for one night, they take my oldest for one night too.  They'll take them overnight together more when Hunter isn't so little and is a little more independent like Cameron is now.

happinessforyou
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Your situation with a new baby is totally understandable. This little girl is about 13 yrs old and she has been living with them full time probably 10 yrs (?). I just don't see why people do this..... sigh...

Quoting muwchck:

That's crazy.  My in-laws have accepted Cameron as their own grandchild even before hubby and I were married.  They've sent Christmas and Birthday presents as grandma and grandpa from the very beginning.  Now my parents will take one child at a time, but if they take the baby for one night, they take my oldest for one night too.  They'll take them overnight together more when Hunter isn't so little and is a little more independent like Cameron is now.

muwchck
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 5:21 PM
1 mom liked this

That to me is just crazy.  If my inlaws weren't accepting Cameron as their own and only sent things for the baby, I'd be pissed off myself.  But so would hubby, because he considers both the boys to be his own.

Quoting happinessforyou:

Your situation with a new baby is totally understandable. This little girl is about 13 yrs old and she has been living with them full time probably 10 yrs (?). I just don't see why people do this..... sigh...

Quoting muwchck:

tyfry7496
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 5:21 PM
2 moms liked this
They'd ALL go or none would go. That would be the end of the discussion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PaperClip811
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this

OMG-- If DF's parents/ siblings ever said anything like that to me I would go fucking ape-shit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN