Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Nervous on dating at 41!!!

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:34 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hello ladies...I'm 41 and haven't been in the dating scene for about 2 years.  When I meet someone I get really nervous and don't really know what to say or do.  How do you break back into the dating scene?  What should I ask, say or do? I'm so scared for these very reasons...Help!!!!

Godsluv

by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LuLuRex
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I would try to break the ice by finding things you have in common with the guy and exploit that!

brieri
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this

H and welcome to the group. Be yourself.

GraLauJon
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 6:50 PM

hey, if that is a current pic of you, you are gorgeous and you will be fine.  just take things slowly. i say live your life and do what you enjoy b/c then you can gradually become friends with someone and it can blossom from there.  i just turned 45 and i do not look anywhere near as good as you. i wrote myself off for a long time and just figured that i should settle on being alone but something inside me kicked in and i told myself to get in shape and stop that attitude.  you will be okay. we decide how we want our lives to go and the types of ppl we let in.  have fun with it.

Godsluv848
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Thanks ladies...hey GraLauJon...thanks for the compliment...yes it's a recent pic...I live my life always in the expectant of what God is doing in my life and what He's going to do...I would like to say that I'm also waiting on the man that God has for me...even though I've been in the company of some awesome men...i just get so nervous and short on conversation...lollllllllll..so I will be taking all of you ladies advice on this...because heaven knows I think I have ran off a few that may have been good for me...lolllllllll....Right now just enjoying the life I've been blessed with...but it gets a bit loney at times...I've been married before and I love being a wife and mother...but this previous hubby was not in the cards for me!  So afraid to try again...but will keep these words in mind....Thanks my sweet and lovely sisters!!!

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Welcome!  I wish I had some advice, but I'm in the same situation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)