Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

604b Custody Evaluation

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:30 AM
  • 6 Replies

Has anyone ever been through a 604b Custody Evaluation?  How did everything turn out for you?

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
sophiesister2
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this
i havnt but heres a Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:24 PM

im not sure if it were 604b but my SO went through one and i HIGHLY RECOMMEND AGAINST IT unless he is a serious threat to your kids well being.

you are placing the entire decision in the hands of some fucking judgemental beaurocrat. they can do WHATEVER they want. they do not give two fucks about you.

GraLauJon
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:29 PM

yeah, the system is truly flawed and my advice is to be very careful. my stbx and i took matters back into our own hands when we realized that.  and this is a domestic violence case.  'nuf said?!

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:37 PM

in our situation she tried to say she was "scared" of him despite the fact there is NO history of dv and she admitted that. she indicated his over 15 year old rap sheet and they ate it up like he was the enemy of the fucking state.  hed been at his job for 6 years and the one before that for 7 but it held NO weight. they recommended he have supervised excahnges because SHE SAID the exchanges were problematic. (SHE made them problematic. he wouldnt speak and recorded her w his phone but they didnt care to see it) they recommended he piss test because SHE SAID he was  drunk. they recommended he take anger management and co parenting classes. why? we still dont fucking know. she pretty much did whatever the fuck she wanted and no one cared and he was honest and straight forward and he couldnt catch a break. she tried to with hold vistation and we called the police and got a stand by to retrieve them and this was somehow HIS fault because "he didnt care abotu the kids welfare, only getting his visitation" but then theyd say eh did this or that and "voilated court orders" but it was perfectly ok forher to violate court orders and it was STILL his fault when she did.

HappyMom12312
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:20 PM

I had a 604b evaluation done recently.  It turned out great, but I was wondering how often the judge rules with the evaluator's recommendation.  (The 604b is a licensed forensic pysychologist.)

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:34 PM

in my county pretty much all the time. my SO contested the evaluator and was advised that the evaluators findings "Weigh heavily" in the decision.

my SO said she was biased based on alot of things. just but one: each parent had to give three references. she cited the three. of the three she chose to cite, ONE was a reference BOTH parents listed who is more neutral and stated only fact, one was the mothers grandma who LIED and stated shed seen my SO "push and shove" the mother (the mother herself said there had NEVER been any incidents of dv) and the third was a homeless alcoholic that lives in the parking lot that they were doing the exchanges in who has a prepaid cell phone. the mother used to buy the dude liquor. the evaluator SERIOUSLY used this dudes testimony.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)