Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mad at furniture store

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:19 PM
  • 11 Replies

bought my dd a new bed frame,  it was on back order for this week, so when we moved last saturday i did not bring her day bed frame, and just put her mattress on the floor.  i called to check the status and the delivery date has been pushed back until june.  if i would have known that i would have gotten rid of the day bed.  i am a tad peeved. 

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MIMIBRIE
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:31 PM
Geeze that sucks. Can you get a refund and get her something else?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lydi
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:12 PM

i want to but the frame was 50% off and is made from a  pink leather looking fabric, it is way to awesome to go for something else. so i might go to 2nd hand stores looking for those cheap metal ones until the new one finally comes in. 

Quoting MIMIBRIE:

Geeze that sucks. Can you get a refund and get her something else?

MamasaurusPrime
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Okay, here in Canada, when we make big furniture purchases from stores, they're always professional and always give us an estimated date of delivery and when it's about 3-4 days away from the delivery date, the company will call you and confirm your purchase and give you the 2-6 hour timeframe of delivery...

How unprofessional of that company! I'm sorry that sucks!!

Ngi ne themba - I have hope.

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:40 PM
That sucks, sorry to hear though!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this

That does suck.  Perhaps you can find a cheap metal frame in the meantime.  I would definately tell the manager of the store what happened AND the fact you will never shop there again AND tell your friends and family not to.  Nothing is worse than losing potential customers and repeat ones. 

lydi
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:45 PM

it would have been nice to get a curtosy call saying it has been delayed, they planned on doing what you said but it was delayed and i guess they dont call for that.

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

Okay, here in Canada, when we make big furniture purchases from stores, they're always professional and always give us an estimated date of delivery and when it's about 3-4 days away from the delivery date, the company will call you and confirm your purchase and give you the 2-6 hour timeframe of delivery...

MamasaurusPrime
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:48 PM

What company?

My mom bought all my stuff from Dufresne or Ashley Furniture. Sometimes we'll get stuff from the Brick too.

I think Dufresnes and Ashley are Canadian operated though. But yeah, a real big furniture company should give you courtesy calls for estimated date and time of delivery or at least email you about a delay!

Quoting lydi:

it would have been nice to get a curtosy call saying it has been delayed, they planned on doing what you said but it was delayed and i guess they dont call for that.

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

lydi
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:22 PM

hom furniture,  maybe i should have gone to ashley. and thanks i agree they should have.

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

What company?

My mom bought all my stuff from Dufresne or Ashley Furniture. Sometimes we'll get stuff from the Brick too.

I think Dufresnes and Ashley are Canadian operated though. But yeah, a real big furniture company should give you courtesy calls for estimated date and time of delivery or at least email you about a delay!

Quoting lydi:

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

LifeCafe42
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:34 AM
Ugh I'm sorry I feel you my mom ordered me pans in October for Christmas they kept pushing the date back she just got an email saying they weren't coming. It's almost may!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamasaurusPrime
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:49 AM

I was just there Friday. My bed is being delivered later today and I should be getting my time call at 9. I didn't see anything unique like you just described for a small girl. I was looking at children's furniture at Ashley and all they have are the beds, the headboards and the wall stickers and all the accessories. That bedframe sounds pretty cute! Too bad for the lack of communication to confirm your delay!!!

Quoting lydi:

hom furniture,  maybe i should have gone to ashley. and thanks i agree they should have.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)