Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my sons grandmother drives me nuts!!!

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:01 PM
  • 2 Replies

i know this is going to start a flurry of opinionated replys. but i need to rant...  my sons grandmother (his dads mom) drives me nuts sometimes.  she intentionaly goes out of her way to not include me on things. not that i need to be included on everything. but let me give some examples.  when my son was only 5weeks old they wanted to take him for a whole day they told me from 8am till 7pm so that they could throw a baby shower for him and my sons dad. i was breastfeeding at the time they told me i could just send bottles that day, also said it was to show all their family and friends how her son has grown up.  ummm...hes 30 he has an amazing full time job, own house, nice car, active father to our son...   !!!!!!!!  ah huh! i was able to put my foot down for that one by pointing out that excluding the mother WAS NOT a way to show "he has grown up"    not that he ever had any growing up to do.  or anything to prove.

ive also over heard them on more then one occation say they wanted to get the baby alone with out "the mom" so that they can have him to themselves. This always creeps me out! who says something like that.

grandma whines all the time that she never gets to see the baby but makes very little effort to see him.

she constantly comments that my son wont let her do things with/for him when Im around. (isnt the mom a childs go to person anyway) even my sons dad says he doesnt know why she says that cuz hes never noticed it

i must say we really do get along. it doesnt sound like it but we do. i do a great job at hiding my annoyances.

my son 3rd bday was on easter this year and we couldnt connect with them on that day so I set up a weekend away at a hotel waterpark and invited all of them with. grandma, aunt, extended cousin, uncle and his girlfriend. and my sons dad.  we got a family sweet and it was not cheep. but lots of fun! my sons dad and i spent $500 on the rm and things we had charged to it. and lunch out for 7 adults!! i did see that bill. i had to save for this trip cuz i cant afford this kind of event but knew that because i used the word invite that they would NOT expect to have to pay for a single thing.  and they did not.  keep in mind i planned this trip to celebrate my sons bday with them.  they arrived at the hotel and explained that they didnt bring his gifts cuz they decided they wanted to    her words   "have the baby over for an entire weekend all by ourselves and invite his aunt and uncle over to celebrate. and he can open his gifts and then i can take him out around to the mall and grandpas mini mart and aunts restaurant job so that they can all see him."  WTF did i take you ALL to this hotel for then??????

ahhh she drives me nuts!!!! there are plenty more of these stories...

OH AND MY SON IS N-O-T TO BE CALLED "THE BABY" ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!! my god i hate that.

ok enough of this for one night...

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:41 PM

hugs  and welcome!

MamasaurusPrime
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Wow, if that were my son's gma, my mouth would have a hard time staying shut, that's all I'm gonna say.

You don't have to be included in their activities, but once the plans get around to your ears or she's proclaiming that shit in front of people, it must be extremely embarrassing for you.

I am so sorry you have such a twat for your son's gma!!!!

Ngi ne themba - I have hope.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)