• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does this happen to you?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:53 PM
  • 23 Replies
I'm beginning to think that certain types of foods or too much sugar irritates my gut. When I eat a more vegetarian diet consistently my stomach stays nice and flat. Tonight I decided to skip veggies and make an omelette with French toast and cantaloupe. My stomach is so distended i look about 5-6 months pregnant. The bread I used was wheat. I've been limiting my wheat intake and going gluten free for the most part. But I feel so bloated it's disgusting. It's like my daily sit ups aren't helping. It's all diet. Does anyone else have a sensitive stomach?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
5BMom
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:56 PM
I have that issue with salt... and I find that when I eat more fruits and veggies, I have WAY less salt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyandAnthony
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Yes same thing happens to me. I pretty much go without eating meat, not drinking pop,  and replace bread with wraps. But when i slipp up to treat myself i get very bloated, and feel extremely sick afterwards. So I just drink alot of water and by the next day I feel alot better.

Anasallumeuse
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh yeah. Most foods affect me badly though. :)
I'm a vegetarian who loves my carbs. I recently was diagnosed with something that makes it better for me to eat white over wheat (easier to digest). I really love my wheat bread but the switch to white has affected my (ummmm) flatness.
There was a book about this. The belly diet, maybe?
happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes.

Well I mean even when I'm not preggo I have to watch what I eat, otherwise it makes me sick.

This is also random but I noticed, if I cook at home for like a month and then try to go out to eat I get sick. Even if I eat something like soup and salad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shy_Dia
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:23 PM

i heard that in order to get your tummy right/flat (ya know- after having kids lol) its all about diet/what you eat... there was also the one video on yahoo a while ago, the 'before and after' thing... the "after" picture was when dude worked out, etc.. the 'before' was when he ate a bunch of bad/fattening food.. all within like a day!

mytrueloveS
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Yes all the time.  I'm trying to figure out what keeps my stomach flat.  No cokes, chips, sweets, and not a heavy breakfast.  It's so hard though  :O(  

xpectingmama10
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Yes :( and most mornings my guts flat as soon as i eat anything it bumps out 

rowansmum
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:08 AM
Wheat belly?

Quoting Anasallumeuse:

Oh yeah. Most foods affect me badly though. :)

I'm a vegetarian who loves my carbs. I recently was diagnosed with something that makes it better for me to eat white over wheat (easier to digest). I really love my wheat bread but the switch to white has affected my (ummmm) flatness.

There was a book about this. The belly diet, maybe?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:09 AM
I eat very little fast food but when I do I feel like crud after from all the grease
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
court.0125
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:10 AM
Sometimes! A lot of it too will cone from not having ___ for a while and then once I have ___ again my stomach goes crazy until it adjusts to it some. For me it's mainly harsh dairy products.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)