Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

**AM I WRONG**

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:54 PM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this
Anyone who might've seen my recent posts. May understand. How do I prepare for moving? My family is moving to CA with no job, no house. They plan on staying n motels til they find both a job and house. But although I know I should be giving them all of my money I'd really rather stash some to the side for my own little place for me & my daughter. I will be 25 in a few months and would really enjoy my own place but I know it will be next to impossible to save any cash since they always hit me up for rent,utilities n other bills. Is it wrong to save for my own little place they already want to put a house in my name but what about what I want? I've been helping them out for yrs. I've wanted my own since I was 22yrs old. My mom has always said no. Now that I have a kid she tells me i can't manage life w/out her. Its so frustrating, and nerve wrecking. What to do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:59 PM
1 mom liked this

NO ITS NOT WRONG they are using you. tell them NO. you SHOULD NOT be giving them all your money or putting utilities in your name. why do they needit in yours? cuz they fucked it up for themselves and they are going to fuck it up for you.

you are almost 25 you do not need their permission for anything.

Robsessed98
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:02 PM

You're not wrong.  You have to save some money for yourself.  Why are they moving without jobs or a home??

MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:03 PM
Your money doesn't belong to them. Don't give them anything. You are a mom now. They need to stop treating you like this. I hope they don't steal your identity considering they've used your social to pay for utilities. Have you looked into private organizations that can help you get on your feet?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JanaeMarie
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:21 PM
I pray they don't mess up my credit. I will never speak to them again. I mean honestly they are really beginning to get on my nerves. I am at a point of desperation. I am tired of them sucking the life out of my life. I deserve my own life and not once has anyone stopped to help me get on my on feet. I just constantly hear I can't do it. I'm beginning to resent them. But I really want to save for my own place for me and my daughter. I'm sure they can make it w/out me?!? I just don't know how to put the negativity behind me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JanaeMarie
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:25 PM
They are going w/out jobs, house or anything. My mom is just "praying" things fall into place. But at who's expense?!?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:30 PM
Get identity theft protection. I think you can find one online but make sure it's a reputable one. Like Dave Ramsey has some info on his website. Please protect yourself and check out the private organization thing. I had to go behind my dads back to get what was left my money from an account that he pissed away. You gotta take control don't be afraid. Go do some research.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofjddhj
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 7:13 PM
I went through the same thing with my biological dad... I went ahead and did it, I sooo regret it, He left me a $1,000.00 power bill, $700.00 gas bill, and so on.... soo if I was you there are many places that help out single mothers, keep that in mind and just take care of your baby and you. Stay strong hope to hear from you soon. I'm here to talk to you if you need me to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ngarciaf
by Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 7:18 PM
What state do u live in right now? I would save the $ for u and your daughter. Tell ur family no, it's easier said than done I know. But stand up for urself and your daughter. The state can help you pay for daycare and help with assistance.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ngarciaf
by Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 7:19 PM
I used to pay $180 for daycare a week while my friend paid $20 for the same place, she got help from the state.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justkeeplaughin
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Do you have to move with them or can you stay where you are and get your own place? DO NOT buy a house with them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN