Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Be honest

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:32 AM
  • 9 Replies

How judgmental are you?

Do you get mad if someone doesn't agree with you or has different views than you?

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
PaperClip811
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:42 AM

I'd say I'm middle ground judgmental. I make snap decision about people based on how they dress or talk, what they do for a living etc... But I also try to give people a chance to prove those initial judgments incorrect.

Depends on how they present their opposing view. I'll admit I'm a little sensitive to what people think about me. In general, I like to be liked-- but there is a point that I realize there's no reason I should GAF about what so'n'so thinks of me.

However, if someone can present a valid argument, Im always open to learning something new.

miss_AP
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:44 AM

I'll be honest! It depends :) I admit to having some definite local prejudices and generalizations....the town I live in is not far from a reservation that overall is very poor, has a lot of drug and alcohol problems, and can be pretty violent and neglectful of kids. I really have to keep myself in check when dealing with some native americans in my town, but its based on a lot of personal experience rather than ignorance. I do work at it, but its hard sometimes when you so often experience situations that just reinforce the generalization.

That's really my hardest/biggest one actually. I'm pretty open minded.....I guess I'm most judgmental of stupid people :) Not uneducated, but people that refuse to use common sense. I love to debate and argue, but it is so annoying to me when people can't support their opinions or actions with reason....its not "just wrong" there has to be some foundation for your beliefs. People that believe blindly drive me crazy. I'm pretty good at keeping it in check though :D

deltathree
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:45 AM

not at all.  I love a good discussion, but to each his own.  Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs.

MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:48 AM
I try to be open minded. But I think we all have a right to judge when we are presented with facts. I don't think we have a right to judge based on perception. We have to experience, see and hear first. If someone disagrees with me I don't get mad. I believe we are all entitled to have our own opinion. I only get mad if they don't stfu and insist I am wrong when the issue is a matter of opinion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ittyprincess604
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Im not horribley judegemental. Sometimes it does bother me, depending on topic, but i usually let shit just roll off.

photogal831
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:11 PM

I make snap judgements about a person, but I never share them....but there are some people I really just don't like no matter what they do/say just something about them really irritates me lol and I tend not to spend time with them at all...I don't get upset if someone has different views than me...I don't get upset if they state their opinions as long as they are respectful of others....I do get upset when someone is so closed minded that if I voice that my opinion is different and they tell me I'm wrong....umm no I'm not, its  just a difference of opinion.

cadeesmommy0120
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:09 PM

I can be judgmental about certain things.  If people don't agree with me and are assholes about it then I get mad but just for disagreeing, no.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 4:25 PM

i try not to be judgemental. but for example if you are just straight trashy looking, i probably wont make friends w you, but i will be polite to you. 

i dont care if someone has the same opinion and views. if they are acting nasty and asshole-ish about it, im sorta like "wow" but if you just state your views and dont try to change mine im fine.  

LovinLiv
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 4:37 PM
It honestly depends on how strongly I feel about a subject.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN