Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

WHY :(

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:22 PM
  • 31 Replies

My DH who we are sepperated trying to get a divorce. He is always talking bad about me to my kids. About how fat I am and how mommy is going to have other guys around all the time and that they have to call them daddy. All kinds of things. He even told them I don't really love them and wish they were dead. WHat do I do? Am I such a horrible person that he needs to turn my 3,5,6 yr olds against me? WHY ME? :(

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KristinawithaK
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:24 PM

you need to talk to him.  now.  and then you need to talk to them.  assure them that you love them and that they only have one daddy and he loves them very much as well, regardless of you living in different houses.

preggars
by Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:25 PM
I don't really have any advice aside from you reassuring your children that it isn't true. You should never bad mouth the other parent to your children. I'm sorry :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SinceresMomma
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:28 PM
Continue to shower your children with love. They will figure out what's real on their own
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lydi
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:45 PM

that is so wrong, i am so sorry you are dealing with this, but i agree show how much you love your kids and they wont believe him.

steviechick
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Your ex is just being mean and spiteful because of the break-up of your marriage.  HE'S making it harder for everyone.  Sit down with your kids and explain to them what's going with their father as best as you can.  Tell them that HE is their father and always will be.  Just be the great mom that you've been.  Sooner or later your kids will start to realize that it's Daddy that is messed up.

ms-superwoman
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I would document everything he says. Then take him to court and get no or supervised visits. Those actions are completely unacceptable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lunarprancer
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting ms-superwoman:

I would document everything he says. Then take him to court and get no or supervised visits. Those actions are completely unacceptable.

I agree.  OP, why are you being so passive about this.  He tells your children that you wish they were dead and your reaction is, "am I so bad,"  WTF?  No, you are not bad and as this poster said, that shit is completely unacceptable!

With light and love

photogal831
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 3:04 PM
2 moms liked this

Document everything!! Get custody, and only supervised visitation, that's extremely detrimental to your children! Do not allow him around them, until custody/visitation is established.

Aphalicious
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 3:08 PM

I do document it and his father, who he lives with has even been informed of it and is mad at him for it. I have told him he is not allowed to see them again and he called cps on me for it. 

happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 3:11 PM
Tell your lawyer. Document everything.

What he is doing is actually illegal. Its called parent alienation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN