Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

No more nap time and now it's hell...Advice please.

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:16 PM
  • 11 Replies

My DD stopped taking naps at school.  She still lays down for quiet time, but she is hateful by the time I pick her up at 4.  I put her to bed at 7pm, and she gets up most day at 7 so she is sleeping for 12 hours.  I just can't deal with the whining or attitude that I get from her in those 3 short hours because she is exhausted.  I've tried timeouts, earlier bedtime (it was 730), consistent bedtime routines, and a behavior chart with no luck.  Please help me, I need my sweet little girl back..

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tyfry7496
by Janet on Apr. 27, 2012 at 6:02 PM
She could be sleeping too much at night. Try putting her to sleep later. Like 8-830. 7 is pretty early. Preschoolers need about 10 hours of sleep at night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Apr. 27, 2012 at 7:01 PM
1 mom liked this

This is what I was thinking as well.  She's not napping during the day because she's getting so much sleep at night.

You might be in for a rough couple of days while she adjusts to going to bed later, but it could really make all the difference once you're all used to it.

Quoting tyfry7496:

She could be sleeping too much at night. Try putting her to sleep later. Like 8-830. 7 is pretty early. Preschoolers need about 10 hours of sleep at night.

MamasaurusPrime
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 7:53 PM
I'm not surprised you don't have the patience for your child. You barely had any for me when I asked for advice the other night.

Karmas a bitch, and before you say it, so am I. Proudly self proclaimed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chanel5nyc
by Shanell on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:04 PM
Be nice lol.

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

I'm not surprised you don't have the patience for your child. You barely had any for me when I asked for advice the other night.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chanel5nyc
by Shanell on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:05 PM
I agree.

Quoting tyfry7496:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamasaurusPrime
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:08 PM
Sorry, I can't.

Anywhoo I'm gonezo. Just wanted to show her how it feels! :D

Quoting Chanel5nyc:

Be nice lol.

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wigglesmomma22
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Touche, turnabout is fair play.  However, I still stand by what I said the other day.  I'm not debating it with you because I don't really care.  You are correct I don't have alot of patience.  I love my DD, but I won't tolerate her attitude.  Thanks for responding:)

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

moosesmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:58 PM
This. That's pretty early. Maybe a later bedtime meaning she'll sleep during "quiet time" meaning a happier little one when you pick her up.

Quoting tyfry7496:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amax2010
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:44 PM

my son is hte same way. I love him to pieces and miss him so much when I am away from him, but hes an angel for daycare or my sister but totally opposite for me. He is sooo rough with his sister (who is 5 yrs older) that between her screeching and his terroriing I go crazy. I love bedtimes, but still we battle to go to bed on tiime

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:03 PM
We are coming into the same problem here
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)