Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

"Dating" the ex husband

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:18 PM
  • 9 Replies
my ex moved me away from my family after a year of marriage..our son was 4 months old. After 6months of living in fl he tells me he wants to separate. Mind you i went thru severe post pdepression and was not the best partner i could have been. Now,2 years later after staying 900miles from home and working my A** OFF to get back on my feet and be the best mom i can be...he wants to take things slowly again. I pined over him for the last 2 years but now that we are "trying" he constantly drops little jokes about how i "used to be" it breaks my heart. He also only wants to see me when he sees fit and im starting to feel like a booty call. Is he just taking things slow and a little afraid or am i getting played...HELP!!
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mhaney03
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this

"taking things slow" shouldn't include sex yet IMO.  tell him you're not comfortable with sex this early on now that you've had time to think about it and then you can measure his reaction.  that should tell you all you need to know.

source = been there, done that.

shygrl3cccm
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:24 PM
From my experiances, if I had to ask if I was getting played- I was getting played. Don't become so available to him, guys like the chase. Do you want to try and work things with him?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmilyMarshall
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:26 PM
bump

saraholexa
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:30 PM
I thought I did and at first I thought he did too. Now i just feel like a girl of convenience except we are married. I think perhaps i thought it would be best for out son at first, now im not sure and i don't want to hurt my little guy or feel that heartbreak all over again.
Kylie0427
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:34 PM
I did this with my ex husband and things exploded. It was a serious falling out. Be careful
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LancesMom
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting saraholexa:

I thought I did and at first I thought he did too. Now i just feel like a girl of convenience except we are married. I think perhaps i thought it would be best for out son at first, now im not sure and i don't want to hurt my little guy or feel that heartbreak all over again.

Go with your gut feeling Mama!

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Good luck to you. 

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:09 PM
You're getting played. Stop allowing it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamasaurusPrime
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:11 PM

No.

Just...no. Please save yourself the headache and heartache and begin to move on. BEGIN, don't even try to attempt doing it cold turkey. It takes a while.

Good luck.

Ngi ne themba - I have hope.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)