Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

child support question

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 2:16 PM
  • 13 Replies
It figures I'd wonder this on a weekend lol. But I just got a job and my child support orders are still processing, not finished yet. He just did the genetic testing this week. Is it possible to get my information updated to add the job when the case is still pending?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tyfry7496
by Janet on Apr. 28, 2012 at 2:28 PM
I never had to give my employment or financial information.

Call your caseworker.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CampClan
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Quoting tyfry7496:

I never had to give my employment or financial information.

Call your caseworker.

You never had to tell your caseworker where you work or how much you make? Odd because they base how much you get off how much money both parents make.

But I agree- call your caseworker & let him or her know that you have new info to add to the case.

aj23
by Amanda on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:03 PM

All you have to do is call and let them know that your income has changed and take them proof of income.
It's actually better to do it now that its in the middle of setting up everything than waiting and having to get it reevaluated later.

mama_grizz
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 7:20 PM

I'm all for making it easier :) mr. useless is making this take 3 times as long as it should. *frustrated sigh*

Quoting aj23:

All you have to do is call and let them know that your income has changed and take them proof of income.
It's actually better to do it now that its in the middle of setting up everything than waiting and having to get it reevaluated later.

beenie21
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Call the child support services and let them know. or whoeveryour case worker

andyroosmama
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:11 AM

your income shouldn't factor in if he's paying the support... at least in TX its like that. They base the amount off his gross monthly, credit older children and also look at medical insurance costs... good

Armygirl2299703
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Same here in AK. I don't recall having to give my income information and I'd taken him to court for custody and child support. Only time I had to provide any form of income info was when I filled out a form in the beginning to get the filing fees waived.

Quoting andyroosmama:

your income shouldn't factor in if he's paying the support... at least in TX its like that. They base the amount off his gross monthly, credit older children and also look at medical insurance costs... good

I love my family: wonderful bf Jeremy, beautiful daughter Lyric & beauful stepdaughter Destinee...and we're hoping to add a new member to our family soon.

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers
owl0210
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:55 PM

I had to fill out a financial affidavit during my divorce to figure out child support. You might want to call the clerk and ask.

NananRaysmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:32 PM
That's odd that some moms don't have to provide their income. Shouldn't support be based on what both parents make...to make it fair? I don't go through the courts for mine..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grneyedormom
by Kendra on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:38 PM
Call your worker. I have to report my income since its based off what we both make.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)