Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Attention Walmart Shoppers!

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:45 PM
  • 21 Replies
I broke down and did food shopping at Walmart a few weeks back and saved a ton of money (even with spending $30 on gas as its 150 miles roundtrip)...but...ok, not trying to offened anyone...is the Great Value Brand total crap? Or is it just me?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamasaurusPrime
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:46 PM

I only like their pudding. It doesn't taste as watered down as the Jell-o ones lol.

Ngi ne themba - I have hope.

muwchck
by Erin on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:58 PM

I use store brand of just about everything...unless I have a really good coupon/sale.  I don't have a problem with Great Value brand, but I use mostly that or Kroger Value brand, so I might not be a good judge either.

Derari
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:08 PM
I tried great value brand for zipper bags and they were great. I will buy name brands on sale or with coupons...I will get a few to last me till next time, so I'm not stuck with the other brands...coupons are a wonderful thing!
JudesAwsomeMom
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:10 PM
I like the name brand stuff for baggies and what not. But I can totally tell the difference in food products. I hate Great Value food
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aj23
by Amanda on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I dont care for Walmarts store brand either.
I usually do all my grocery shopping at Kroger and I've found I save more there since they double coupons and Walmart doesnt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
5BMom
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:15 PM
We only have a couple high end stores in town. One has a store brand called Western Family that is not too bad. The other has mostly named brand stuff, local foodd, and TONS or organics. But I am easily spending up to $500 a month for the 3 of us. ...since we pay resort town prices.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aj23
by Amanda on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this
It's going to sound odd but check out Amazons grocery section. They have good stuff at reasonable prices and free delivery a lot of the time. There's a lot of organic and specialty stuff.

Quoting 5BMom:

We only have a couple high end stores in town. One has a store brand called Western Family that is not too bad. The other has mostly named brand stuff, local foodd, and TONS or organics. But I am easily spending up to $500 a month for the 3 of us. ...since we pay resort town prices.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ICPclwnLOV
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Some of them are. Some not. Just like other generic brands. My ceral HAS to be name brand. The others just dont taste right to me.

heather4511
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:13 PM
Some great value things are icky
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama_grizz
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:14 PM

I think so. But I don't buy my food at Walmart anymore. I only shop at King Soopers cuz I could really use the fuel points lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)