Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I set a goal on relationship but its hard.

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 3:33 PM
  • 19 Replies

I love being single now I love it even more now after what I gone through with the last, but it gets lonely especially moving to a new state a new town don't know anyone close except my boss and friend. It sucks hard to adjust not having someone to go bed with etc.. But I set a goal that I will stay single and heal up for at least minium of three months before I even try dating again, but its hard especially when I been asked out  so many times already. Its almost been a month I hope I can do it

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 3:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kidlover2
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 3:45 PM

You're braver than me! The idea of dating again sends me into a panic & lucky for me I never get asked out...I think 3 months is good. I think it's less about time & more about where you are in healing. If 2 months is all you need to reevaluate yourself and needs,wants, and desires, then do it. :)

Blessed_Mommy87
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Quoting kidlover2:

You're braver than me! The idea of dating again sends me into a panic & lucky for me I never get asked out...I think 3 months is good. I think it's less about time & more about where you are in healing. If 2 months is all you need to reevaluate yourself and needs,wants, and desires, then do it. :)

Thank You, its hard but am going to push myself am going to keep mysef busy with my kids and all. Its scary dating.

TeenMom1619
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:38 PM

I only have a son and his 6 months and I'm 16. I just moved to a different state. But I met a guy and he took me to dinner and the park. I told him I only want to be friends because I have no idea how to date and get a kid involve. I need to to hold out like you be cause the thought drives me crazy.

andyroosmama
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this

You work on you, I'm with you on being single... and the sad part is, I live in the same town I grew up in... but I am not the same person I was 6yrs ago. I am more focused on my children than trying to find someone to be with... that being said, I would just like to have someone take me out on the friend level and leave it there and not want anything else... kwim?

Blessed_Mommy87
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Quoting andyroosmama:

You work on you, I'm with you on being single... and the sad part is, I live in the same town I grew up in... but I am not the same person I was 6yrs ago. I am more focused on my children than trying to find someone to be with... that being said, I would just like to have someone take me out on the friend level and leave it there and not want anything else... kwim?

Thats how I feel, if I meet anyone I want to start as friends get to know each other then get to know each other instead of jumping into a relationship. See if hes they guy is good one not a butthole after a month like many I have met lol then maybe will date.

Wife2Chris0411
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Being single and starting new is hard. I am doing that now, i have no thoughts on dating because that is the last on my mind. Guys ask me out all the time, but the fear of loving someone else other then my husband sends me into a depressed state.

Going on 6 months and don't have any thought of dating.

Blessed_Mommy87
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Quoting Wife2Chris0411:

Being single and starting new is hard. I am doing that now, i have no thoughts on dating because that is the last on my mind. Guys ask me out all the time, but the fear of loving someone else other then my husband sends me into a depressed state.

Its hard I have trust issues been cheated to many times that I don't think I will ever be able to.  But I guess sometimes I guess we got to take a chance or we may miss the good one. Its scary and yo will love someone else again someday don't let fear get to you.

kidlover2
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Quoting Wife2Chris0411:

Don't be hard on yourself. It has been a year for me. My ex-husband cheated on me and then left me. Since that time, I have been slowly coming out of a very nasty fog and realizing that he had verbally and physically abused me in the 5 years we were together. Ridiculous, I know... All that to say is I have tons of guy friends. My bestest friend in the world is a guy. But I am so not willing to be in a relationship yet. My heart was shattered and my sense of reality distorted. Every person and relationship is different, and you will heal differently. Some people can jump into dating right after the ink dries and some like myself.... may be never. 

"You know, I'm sick of following my dreams.  I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Wife2Chris0411
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Quoting Blessed_Mommy87:

Quoting Wife2Chris0411:

Its hard I have trust issues been cheated to many times that I don't think I will ever be able to.  But I guess sometimes I guess we got to take a chance or we may miss the good one. Its scary and yo will love someone else again someday don't let fear get to you.

I have tried flirting with guys, but it just doesn't work. I guess because i am not ready to give up my husband and i still love him. i fear it will be years before i date agian. =(

Good luck in the dating world, i hope you find someone that nice and doesn't cheat on you. You don't deserve a cheater!

Wife2Chris0411
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Quoting kidlover2:

Quoting Wife2Chris0411:

Don't be hard on yourself. It has been a year for me. My ex-husband cheated on me and then left me. Since that time, I have been slowly coming out of a very nasty fog and realizing that he had verbally and physically abused me in the 5 years we were together. Ridiculous, I know... All that to say is I have tons of guy friends. My bestest friend in the world is a guy. But I am so not willing to be in a relationship yet. My heart was shattered and my sense of reality distorted. Every person and relationship is different, and you will heal differently. Some people can jump into dating right after the ink dries and some like myself.... may be never. 

I feel like i never will move on. We had an amazing marriage and we did have our ups and downs, but mostly we were the perfect match for each other. I still see him as my soul mate, and i still love him like the first time. I just wish we didn't spilt and that everything was the way it was again. But i have to learn to except that we may never get back together. I honestly don't see how we even got to this point. I hope one day i will be able to move on, but right now it feels like i never will.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN