Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

How long did you wait?

Posted by   + Show Post
How long did you ladies wait before dating again? Did you find it difficult to find someone real that accepted your child? I know I have a long ways to go emotionally to heal but it makes it easier for me to talk about it
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:30 PM
Replies (21-30):
lissetteP
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 8:08 PM
I waited 6 months..he was a good rebound..he accepted my child but I knew I can to better..besides him two more guys wanted to be with me and they accepted dd but I just wasn't feelin it between us..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WhyMeAgain2
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:37 PM

DH walked out on me Jan 13th. A old friend that Ive known for over 20 yrs and I started talking via text/emails on Feb 21st. I would go see him ( he lives a hour away) on Mar 14th we kissed for the first time, Mar 17th had sex the 1st time. I have been so hurt and lonely for the last yr even though DH didnt leave till Jan. ( we were trying to work things out, he cheated on me. 17 yrs married) I attached myself way to hard & fast to my "friend" . He told me everything I needed to hear,made me feel so sexy,so wonderful,so happy.he told me he didnt mean to but he fell in love with me.Everything was perfect with him,with us........then sure enough the lies started. So as of Sunday its over.

what's so bad is that I believed his every word, just like I keep believeing DH lies over & over. I havent seen anyone but that obe guy but I have been asked out many,many times.But I turned everyone down, wouldnt return guys calls because I once again trusted a man. Now I feel like I love the dude and still love my DH and got double hurt in such a short amount of time.

I guess what Im saying.....I thought I was ready to date again but clearly I am not if I can fall for someone so quick and still love my husband! I love affection,I need it.DH hasnt show me any for the last year,my friend gave me tons & tones of affection and got re-hurt. Since I moved so fast & didnt think it through Ive also lost a friend.I didnt mean for it to happen it just did.

I am tired of being alone already. I have felt alone since April 2011

ShanShan0620
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:27 AM
Quoting lissetteP:

I waited 6 months..he was a good rebound..he accepted my child but I knew I can to better..besides him two more guys wanted to be with me and they accepted dd but I just wasn't feelin it between us..

I am considering doing the rebound thing. But then again I'd feel bad doing that to someone.y biggest fear is that I won't find anyone that will love me and my son
ShanShan0620
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:28 AM
Quoting WhyMeAgain2:

DH walked out on me Jan 13th. A old friend that Ive known for over 20 yrs and I started talking via text/emails on Feb 21st. I would go see him ( he lives a hour away) on Mar 14th we kissed for the first time, Mar 17th had sex the 1st time. I have been so hurt and lonely for the last yr even though DH didnt leave till Jan. ( we were trying to work things out, he cheated on me. 17 yrs married) I attached myself way to hard & fast to my "friend" . He told me everything I needed to hear,made me feel so sexy,so wonderful,so happy.he told me he didnt mean to but he fell in love with me.Everything was perfect with him,with us........then sure enough the lies started. So as of Sunday its over.

what's so bad is that I believed his every word, just like I keep believeing DH lies over & over. I havent seen anyone but that obe guy but I have been asked out many,many times.But I turned everyone down, wouldnt return guys calls because I once again trusted a man. Now I feel like I love the dude and still love my DH and got double hurt in such a short amount of time.

I guess what Im saying.....I thought I was ready to date again but clearly I am not if I can fall for someone so quick and still love my husband! I love affection,I need it.DH hasnt show me any for the last year,my friend gave me tons & tones of affection and got re-hurt. Since I moved so fast & didnt think it through Ive also lost a friend.I didnt mean for it to happen it just did.

I am tired of being alone already. I have felt alone since April 2011

I'm sorry that happened to you, I have huge trust issues now too. I feel your pain
MamaFLgurl
by Lucas' mama on May. 2, 2012 at 1:55 AM
2 1/2 years
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lissetteP
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 1:16 AM
don't date to find a rebound..don't.evn think of a rebound..If u like him go for it don't be scared mama take control...and if he really likes u hell accept u child...ull find someone.be patient he'll come around
ShanShan0620
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:43 AM
Quoting lissetteP:

don't date to find a rebound..don't.evn think of a rebound..If u like him go for it don't be scared mama take control...and if he really likes u hell accept u child...ull find someone.be patient he'll come around

Sometimes I want a rebound to take my mind of the pain. But I know it's not right, it would maker as bad as my ex. Maybe not in the same way but it's still not right
PZRM
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:22 PM
It's been 13ish months since I broke up my ex/baby's father. I still have a long way to go healing (he was emotionally/mentally abusive, got to be a very toxic relationship) but I just met a guy at work who is absolutely amazing. I'm not going out looking for another relationship yet, but it'll happen when it's meant to I think. :)

Not much help, i know.. sorry... lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shygrl3cccm
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:03 PM
After the loss of a family for my son, I started dating at 5 months. I did not plan it tho, it just happened. He got too serious for me though, and consumed too much time. At first I loved it, but than I realized he wanted more than I could offer. Its been 3 months since that happened.

I recently relocated, and I am looking forward to being a single mom for a little bit longer. I want to focus on my family, career, school but most important my son. Love will come, but right now I just want to enjoy me. When I'm ready I'm sure it will come.

Sometimes I do wish there was someone, most times I don't =) ............ yet of course, just am not going to settle with the next guy that comes along. I want to keep my options open for a while!!!!!

You will heal when you love yourself so much and recognize that strenght you posses as a women but yet have the vulnaribility to love/let someone love you :)

Destinity = opportunity + readiness
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moosesmom
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:21 PM

I don't recall what this thing called a date is.....lol

It was months before I dated, I think. I can't remember. But I do know that no one ever met my daughter. I didn't want them too. If we're just dating (movies, dinner, etc) she doesn't need to meet them. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)