Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Ex Ducted Taped my Daughter???

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:01 PM
  • 20 Replies
I have a 5 year old daughter and a 3 year old son. My divorce was, and continues to be, messy. My ex had the kids 4 nights last week (he works out of the state so only sees them once a month for 4 overnight stays). When the kids came home, my daughter told me that her dad duct tapes her hands and feet to play "Jail" one night when she was with him. I asked her if all the kids were duct taped (the incident took place at his girlfriend's house where he shacks up, and she has 2 kids of her own). My daughter said that she was the only one who received this treatment. There is no physical evidence this happened, and I know she has a vivid imagination, but she has been very detailed about it. My ex was abused by his uncles with duct tape when he was a childunder the guise of "playing."
Is her word enough to make phone calls? She will not see him again until the end of May, but he will have the kids for 9 days, his summer vacation visitation. I am freaking out! What do I do?
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
quickbooksworm
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:02 PM
2 moms liked this
I would record her telling you and call CPS.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KaelynnsMommy64
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:04 PM
2 moms liked this
I would take her to talk to someone and get it documented. More than likely shes telling the truth and since he was abused the same way it will probably continue. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nay693
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:07 PM
5 moms liked this
Take her word always trust UR child
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
orrwhat87
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes I agree with nay693
Always trust the child
Especially in a situation like that
I would definitely contact someone
Thats soo not right
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:13 PM
I agree take her to talk to someone imagination or not that's something very random to come up with
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms-superwoman
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:15 PM
This exactly!

Quoting KaelynnsMommy64:

I would take her to talk to someone and get it documented. More than likely shes telling the truth and since he was abused the same way it will probably continue. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephMarie_Mom
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:19 PM
I agree with this!

Quoting quickbooksworm:

I would record her telling you and call CPS.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephMarie_Mom
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:20 PM
I agree with this, too! Smh I hope you get this sorted out. I'd be well beyond livid...

Quoting KaelynnsMommy64:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stephd710
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:23 PM
I can tell you that CPS will likely do nothing unless your ex confesses. They want physical evidence. But go ahead and still talk to them so that its on record.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maven1078
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:29 PM
Thank you! She has seen a play therapist in the past, I will be starting sessions again! I hate that cps always waits until AFTER something happens. :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)