Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

My Ex Ducted Taped my Daughter???

Posted by   + Show Post
I have a 5 year old daughter and a 3 year old son. My divorce was, and continues to be, messy. My ex had the kids 4 nights last week (he works out of the state so only sees them once a month for 4 overnight stays). When the kids came home, my daughter told me that her dad duct tapes her hands and feet to play "Jail" one night when she was with him. I asked her if all the kids were duct taped (the incident took place at his girlfriend's house where he shacks up, and she has 2 kids of her own). My daughter said that she was the only one who received this treatment. There is no physical evidence this happened, and I know she has a vivid imagination, but she has been very detailed about it. My ex was abused by his uncles with duct tape when he was a childunder the guise of "playing."
Is her word enough to make phone calls? She will not see him again until the end of May, but he will have the kids for 9 days, his summer vacation visitation. I am freaking out! What do I do?
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:01 PM
Replies (11-20):
gabrielat
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Omg I'd freak out too if my son came and told me that. I'd definatly record her saying that, call him and call CPS if you feel it needs to go to that point. For your daughter's sake, I hope that didn't happen :/

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PitaPata Cat tickers

MamasaurusPrime
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Children very RARELY LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trust your child, but get it documented!!!!

Ngi ne themba - I have hope.

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Take her word for it....how would a 4 year old make up a story up about duct tape?

SinceresMomma
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Quoting KaelynnsMommy64:

I would take her to talk to someone and get it documented. More than likely shes telling the truth and since he was abused the same way it will probably continue. Good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofne
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:11 PM

I agree with the PPers. Especially since there has been past history relating to duct tape.

sarahmiamaria
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:25 AM
Trust her! Little ones don't make that kinda stuff up! Thank God she told you! I would call cps
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KaelynnsMommy64
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Oh and to add, even if they were playing a game, you NEVER duct tape a child!!!

Quoting KaelynnsMommy64:

I would take her to talk to someone and get it documented. More than likely shes telling the truth and since he was abused the same way it will probably continue. Good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deltathree
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Quoting nay693:

Take her word always trust UR child

tyfry7496
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:05 PM
Waiting until after something happens is the job of CPS. They can't do anything if nothing is happening. Have a qualified counselor talk to her. Do NOT continue questioning her yourself and do not record her. You questioning her can get a case thrown our of court. Leave it to the professionals.

Also, tell your attorney what may be going on.

Quoting Maven1078:

Thank you! She has seen a play therapist in the past, I will be starting sessions again! I hate that cps always waits until AFTER something happens. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lunarprancer
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:14 PM

I would call an attorney.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)