Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

really need some advice for helping DD

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:20 PM
  • 3 Replies
Well I need some advice again.....DD is 5.5 now. We went through the whole dad thing, never been in her life. Well now it seems she has some hate there cause he is not in her life and its taken out on me, am cool with that but how do I help her deal. She will not talk about it at all she will just say nothing is wrong. But I can tell when she sees someone with their dad its when it starts. She is also worried everyone in her life is going to leave her. My sister and her family got posted in Germany last Oct. They where super close, seeing each other everyday, now she is about to have a baby and DD is really missing her. We Skype every weekend but it just seems to make it worse for her.

How can I help her? How can I get her anger out so she can go back to being that happy little girl?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:52 PM
Bump I haven't crossed this road yet I wish I could help
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovebeingmrs
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:58 PM
Been there mamma. Best I can tell you is get her some help. Sometimes having someone outside the family is better cause kids don't feel they are being judged. I allow my dd to express herself in letters that she writes to me or draws. I let her know there is all different types of families . Me and her have special days were we do something that she wants (doing her nails, or her hair, new outfit). And my ex is a total looser, he hasn't seen her in three years. Your a good mom, she is just adjusting to a lot. You guys will get though this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hollinicole
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:25 AM
Thanks, we do special days. Had one yesterday that just ended with her throwing a fit and being mad out of no where. I really hate this for her. I always had my dad when I was little so I have no idea what she is going through. I do know I have a friend, male, she gets happy to see and will do what every he as her to do, she is that happy kid again when around him so I know this all has to do with not having that male role in her life......I can tell I have one long rode ahead of me with her.

Quoting lovebeingmrs:

Been there mamma. Best I can tell you is get her some help. Sometimes having someone outside the family is better cause kids don't feel they are being judged. I allow my dd to express herself in letters that she writes to me or draws. I let her know there is all different types of families . Me and her have special days were we do something that she wants (doing her nails, or her hair, new outfit). And my ex is a total looser, he hasn't seen her in three years. Your a good mom, she is just adjusting to a lot. You guys will get though this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)