Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Venting Time.

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:55 AM
  • 11 Replies

I am 16 with a 6 month baby boy. Yes the guy walked on me i was the tough one who just told him and told him to do what he thinks is right. Sadly he has never seen our son but he has a kid 3 months older than our he sees/watches all the time. Now he calls and checks up on him so he is coming around on his own time and I allow it to happen. This summer he wants to spend time with our son so we will se what will happen. But my father didnt play a big role in my life so i really want it for my son i just dont show it. My family has no idea i speak to the father because that will lead to the child support convos and more that i am really trying to avoid.

Next my first love/first to have sex with took my pregnancy for the best and was there for me knowing my son was not his. No one knows my son is not his because to today everywhere is me him and our son. But the communication is dead i cant deal with anymore i just moved to a different state so we are not phsically together anymore so communication is important to me not to him.

Now i meet i guy and he insist i should give dating him a chance but i cant the thought is terrifying i am not the one to have a lot of guys running in and out with a kid/ what is he does not except my son. He does know i have a son but it could still be unreal to him. I did allow him to take me out. He took me to Red Lobster and the park. it was the best date of my life. He opened doors for me walked me to the door really got to know me and at the end of the night took me to a pond to make a wish with a penny. I have never been treated so nice in my life.

My life is so complicated.

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
andyroosmama
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:21 AM

When all your priorities in life are straight, then everything falls into place. I became a mom when I was 21. From my perspective, please focus on your baby. He needs you more than you need a man. One day a good man will come and take care of you and your baby. As for the baby's father, don't let him be a convenient parent. I understand you want a father figure for your child, however, think about the longterm repercussions to your baby if this man comes and goes at his own leisure and really does nothing for the baby... how would you answer that to your child? The current relationship, I think you should take a break from... if there is no communication now, there will be more difficult breakdowns later. Now if he is a constant figure in your child's life NO MATTER WHAT, allow him to be dad to your baby. A dad isn't biological, he's the man that takes a child by the hand and shows the child UNCONDITIONAL love and gives them the world. A father just gives the child life. Take your time... you've got your life ahead of you and you will be young for a long time. Make sure you stay in school and do right by your child... I am just now getting into the mode of doing my own thing and doing it for my kids because they desserve it. fingers crossed

2007mommy2be
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:35 AM
Mama I didnt understand a lot of ur post but from what I think I got ... just be careful and go slow with dad entering babys life. Just curious why not file for cs? About ur date ... sounds cool. I hope u find someone who makes u happy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NewMama28
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:45 AM
1 mom liked this
You're 16 years old. Focus on yourself and your baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2007mommy2be
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:47 AM
Outstanding advice!

Quoting NewMama28:

You're 16 years old. Focus on yourself and your baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TeenMom1619
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Thank you. Thats what my family fails to see they are the ones constantly saying I NEED A MAN. but all i need is friends to help me escape the stress sometime.

TeenMom1619
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:43 PM

When i was growing up my worst time was when my mom left my day and put him through court. he cut me and my little brother out his life and act like we did not exsist. so out of fear i guess i avoid cs.

TeenMom1619
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:45 PM

THANK YOU BEST ADVISE EVER

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:41 PM

i think you should give dating a break and focus on yourself and school. get independent and the best you can be.

Misty319491
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Quoting TeenMom1619:

When i was growing up my worst time was when my mom left my day and put him through court. he cut me and my little brother out his life and act like we did not exsist. so out of fear i guess i avoid cs.

As sad as that is, I think a lot of it was mostly your dad trying to find ways to get back at your mom. I had a friend who went through a similar situation with her baby's father. He just cut his son out of his life and though he knew it was hurting his son, he was more concerned with huring the mother by not being there. Also in response to your overall situation, I think it's best to stay focused on yourself and your baby. If one of these people are supossed to bring true love then it will happen and it should not be a point of stress in your life. I think that if you stay focused on you and let the rest fall into place, then you will no regrets years down the line. Good luck!

MicahBoo07
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Are u still in school? If so keep focused on school I know some high schools have it so u can take ur baby with u for free child care service. Ur baby is to young to know what guy is what right now so don't feel like u bringing a lot of guys into his life. Just know that teenage boys are just that teenage boys and most aren't ready to take on a child and help out. Just make sure u have a responsible person and knows that u have a baby and tell them just what U want. Tell them u don't want a guy thats going to come in and not stick around so if thats him then he not be around from the jump. U will be ok and will get thru it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)