Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

UPDATE on "mom" who held her son under the water

Posted by   + Show Post

Man this is so sad :( He didn't deserve to die like that. I hope that animal rots in prison! No matter how old she is, she should have known better!

SAD: 7-WEEK-OLD BABY HELD UNDER SCALDING HOT WATER DIES

April 30th, 2012 - By Brande Victorian

Source: Daily Mail

A little over a week ago, we told you the story of an 18-year-old mother who held her 7-week-old baby under scalding hot water for two to three minutes to punish him for crying. At the time the baby was still recovering in the intensive care unit, but unfortunately on Saturday morning he passed away.

At 9 weeks old, Emilio Jesus Bautista could no longer sustain the injuries caused when his mother held him under 142-degree water. The little one suffered from severe burns to his head, chest, arms, and even his eyes and ears. The incident happened around 1 pm April 17 but it took the boy’s mother, Chekayla Dampier, until 10 pm to bring her severely injured child to a hospital in Port Richey. He was immediately airlifted by helicopter to Tampa General Hospital for treatment in the facility’s Pediatric Burn Unit where he passed away this weekend.

Initially, Chekayla was charged with child abuse causing great bodily harm after she confessed to holding the baby under the scalding water because he wouldn’t stop crying. Although that charge will likely now be increased following the infant’s death, investigators have only said the case remains under investigation. Chekayla, who is unemployed and has a long history of arrests for thefts and other non-violent crimes, remains at the Land O’ Lakes Detention Center on $150,000 bond. There’s been no mention of the child’s father at all.

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:39 PM
Replies (21-22):
sid1083
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 2:15 AM
This one-liner takes the cake: "There’s been no mention of the child’s father at all." Way to minimize the gravity of the tragedy, imo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tricia1979
by Patricia on May. 1, 2012 at 2:41 PM

What an incredible piece of shit! This made me cry. My son had colic, I had ppd, the worst thing I ever did was go out to my porch and cry for ten minutes because I was sleep deprived and he was bawling again. She should be punished in the same way she killed her baby! Boiled alive!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)