Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

UPDATE on "mom" who held her son under the water

Posted by   + Show Post

Man this is so sad :( He didn't deserve to die like that. I hope that animal rots in prison! No matter how old she is, she should have known better!

SAD: 7-WEEK-OLD BABY HELD UNDER SCALDING HOT WATER DIES

April 30th, 2012 - By Brande Victorian

Source: Daily Mail

A little over a week ago, we told you the story of an 18-year-old mother who held her 7-week-old baby under scalding hot water for two to three minutes to punish him for crying. At the time the baby was still recovering in the intensive care unit, but unfortunately on Saturday morning he passed away.

At 9 weeks old, Emilio Jesus Bautista could no longer sustain the injuries caused when his mother held him under 142-degree water. The little one suffered from severe burns to his head, chest, arms, and even his eyes and ears. The incident happened around 1 pm April 17 but it took the boy’s mother, Chekayla Dampier, until 10 pm to bring her severely injured child to a hospital in Port Richey. He was immediately airlifted by helicopter to Tampa General Hospital for treatment in the facility’s Pediatric Burn Unit where he passed away this weekend.

Initially, Chekayla was charged with child abuse causing great bodily harm after she confessed to holding the baby under the scalding water because he wouldn’t stop crying. Although that charge will likely now be increased following the infant’s death, investigators have only said the case remains under investigation. Chekayla, who is unemployed and has a long history of arrests for thefts and other non-violent crimes, remains at the Land O’ Lakes Detention Center on $150,000 bond. There’s been no mention of the child’s father at all.

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:39 PM
Replies (11-20):
MamasaurusPrime
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Why would anyone even THINK of doing this???? What a shitty way to die.

Poor baby. :(

Ngi ne themba - I have hope.

Mia1983
by Mia on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:46 PM
That baby never had a chance with that kind of mother. So sad that she suffered and died that way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SinceresMomma
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:51 PM
Omg this made me so mad.. I was hoping this baby would be okay when I first heard the story.. Smh its not about age, she needs help
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Catrin2009
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:54 PM

OMG! That poor baby!! I'm seriously about to throw up... How can some one do that to a defenseless child I don't understand.

QJsmommy
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:57 PM
Are you fuckin serious!!!!????? She should rot in hell, how dare she punish a 7 week old!? But in such a cruel way!? I hope she get beat to death on prison!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kidlover2
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:58 PM

So sad :'(   

Shy_Dia
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:36 PM

even if you did wanna hurt them, thats when you put the baby down and just let it cry while you walk away. ask a family member to come watch the kid, or hell- get a fucking neighbor or something! what could actually possess you to hold a baby down into THAT hot of water and think it'd really work!? that poor baby! =(

Quoting StillDreaming07:

This makes me want to break down and cry. Age has nothing to do with it. I was 17 when I had my son. When he wouldnt stop crying and I had done all I could, I would just hold him and cry. I never wanted to hurt him! She's sick. That poor baby. God rest his soul.

NewMama28
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:30 PM

This infuriates me. She deserves the death penalty. no joke. 

lovinlife13
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:38 PM
What kind of warped effing logic is that?? My baby's crying so I'll scald him because everyone knows when you're in excurciating pain, you just calm right down.SMFH. Some people should not be able to procreate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Harleigh87
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:44 AM

omg... seriously brought tears to my eyes. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN