Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

my daughter doesnt have any teeth and..

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:53 AM
  • 9 Replies
she's already 9 months..my cousin said she use to take care of a 1 year n her teeth wernt coming out so I guess her dr said they would cut the top of her gums so her teeth can come out..I actually have never heard of that so hope it doesn't happen to dd
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
kitty8199
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 12:54 AM
The teeth will come when ready. No need to cut.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xpectingmama10
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:32 AM
Dont let her dr do that. My dd didnt get any teeth till her 1st birthday. Now shes two may 1st and shes got all her teeth and are perfect.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KailesMommy
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:38 AM
Don't let the doc do that. They will come. Dd started getting the little buds when she was 3months and my cousin didn't until he was 11 months. It will happen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kismiheart11
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:45 AM

i never heard of that either my daugther does not have teeth yet either and she will be 13 months in a week the doc told me that they are coming you can see a white line on her bottom gums but no actual teeth yet he told me not to worry 

Kissybratzmom
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:04 AM
That's the stupidest thing I've ever "heard" a doctor say. She will get teeth when she's ready. I had a kid at daycare once who was 15 months old and had NO teeth, yet could eat normal food you or I would eat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamasaurusPrime
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:19 AM
My son was 14 months when he got his first two teeth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XxLuvMyLilGrlxX
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:55 AM

I have never herd of suck also, Her teeth will come inn girl just give it sometime. Like the PP are saying, do not let a "DR" do that not that you said you were.

animebuddy
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 7:44 AM
I've never heard of a doctor cutting a kids gums so they could get teeth. Just wait for your daughters to come in. Some kids get their teeth later than others.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyfry7496
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:56 AM
My cousin works for a dentist and one of her sons had no teeth until after he turned 1. He never recommended cutting the gums. Your child will get teeth when he's ready.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)