Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else feel like this?

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:43 AM
  • 10 Replies

I'm a single momma of  two awesome kids. DS is 5 and DD is 3 almost 4. I work 40+ hours  a week and go to school full time. I feel so unorganized in my life and IDK how to put it all back together. I feel like I have so much to do and not enough hours in the day. I also feel like a bad momma since I can't spend as much time with the kids like I want to since I'm in school and working so much. How do you mommas stay organized with everything going on in life? Like with home life, work life, financially with bills and everything? Any tips you guys can give to this unorganized momma would be awesome :)

by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Harleigh87
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:03 AM

I'm in the same boat hun... I'm sorry mama. 

photogal831
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:12 AM

I have a dry erase calendar, that everything goes on...notes of things I need to remember, appts, schedule, ect. Also for anything thats really important I set an alarm in my phone...also when it comes to bills I separate per payday...meaning the first payday of the month goes to daycare, and electricity...the second payday goes to rent, and the rest of the utilities...they are pretty much split 50/50....so when I get paid (yes, I do it that day) I just go online and pay the bills that need paying (auto bill pay from my bank is a savior lol)....once you get into the habit of it, everything goes a lot smoother. GL!

Junip1977
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:33 PM

I know what you mean!  First off though you need to pat yourself on the back for being a GREAT Mom!!  You are going to school full time, working full time and raising two kids full time...that makes you awesome!!  Be proud!!  Next, I like what some others posted about using your phone to set reminders, use a calender and write everything down.  Things will calm down once you get out of school!  Good luck and keep your head up! :-)

faerie75
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 2:50 PM

i cant stay organized. see my other posts. lol  

brieri
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Have calendars, chalk boards, dry erase boards, and keeping a clean neat office - ha! JK.  no advice.

thatonemomof2
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Thank you ladies you have given me some good advice. And im feelina  bit better knowing that I'm not the only unorganized momma out there :D I think i am going to invest in a dry erase board calendar so i can right down when all my bills are due and also keep track of appointments and what not. :)

cadeesmommy0120
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:18 AM

I'm not the one to ask!  I sometimes have a good week or so that I feel like I'm actually organized and on top of things.  It doesn't last long though.

CSMommy2012
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:14 AM

I am right there with you! I have found that I just have to let the little things go so I can enjoy being a mommy. I am in school part time and work full time and we have no family in the area we live, so it really is just my boy and I most of the time (when I'm not at work or school lol). I sometimes get overwhelmed because there is always things to be done and no one but me to do it. But, I have found that some things are not as important as I allow them to seem. For example, I have a clean clothes hamper. I love being able to fold and put away all of our clothes each week, but it is time consuming, and sometimes I just don't have the luxury of doing so....and hey, a dryer takes out wrinkles pretty well! I also remind myself that I can clean up the kitchen or the toys after my son is in bed, which allows me a good 30 minutes extra to play with him in the evenings. I find that keeping him involved in our daily chores also helps becuase he is getting "play time" with mommy, and things are still getting done. My biggest problem is having any left over energy after my boy is in bed, to do anything but go to sleep myself. Sheer determiniation is the way I survive. Stay strong...things will get easier eventually.

steviechick
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 10:20 AM

I'm a single mom of one teenage daughter.  I, too, work 40 hours per week.  Already have a college degree, so I'm done with college.  I organize my life this way - paying the bills when they are due.  Collecting them and placing the due dates on the back of them.  I set them in layered folder container near my blank envelopes and stamps.  When the bills are due they get mailed out just a few days of the due date.  Bills done!  Laundry is done whenever there are enough dirty clothes.  And, laundry is done mostly at night when we are relaxing and watching tv.  If I had more kids (I only have one) I would have them help around the house - dusting, vacuuming and doing the dirty dishes.  My teen daughter cleans the house with me.  She does the dusting and vacuuming.  I do the dirty dishes.  We share the responsibilties.  For younger kids they can learn to clean-up their own rooms.  As they get older then grab a dust pan, Pledge and get the vacuum out.  Cleaning the house isn't just YOUR job.  Get those kids working, too.  They might even enjoy helping out mom.  I hope this helps!

happymommy1105
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 10:23 AM
I have a "command" center where I attempt to lee up with everything.

My son knows school stuff is in green. Soccer orange. And mommy stuff pink. He also knows special things are in blue.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)