Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

being bossed around by my 10 year old sister....

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:23 PM
  • 16 Replies

ok so im back and living with my parents. my parents even though im doing 100% better than before, still  i guess talk crap about me... idk how bad it is. but my 10 year old sister tries to lecture me about how to raise my child... 

she rolls her eyes when i give her candy after she eats lunch ( and this is not all the time eather.) i think she was just mad that my mom didnt get her anything. 

once summer hit, i let my daughter wear summer cloths. my sister told me " why are you let her wear that? she needs long sleeves so she doesnt catch a cold." i was like wtf??? ( WE LIVE IN ARIZONA)

she has actually threatened my daughter that she is going to spank her. when i told my mom about this my mom said " well its prob because your DD tends to smack her or play to roughly with her." i was just like... umm ok???

my favorite was when my sister told me " eww did you brush her teeth?" i was like " yes last night" and she started telling me " you need to do it morning and night." so i just told her " ya i was trying to do what you do, brush her teeth once a week, so they can be nice and yellow like yours." ( SHE RARELY BRUSHES HER TEETH, HER TEETH ARE EXTREMELY YELLOW) 

and just recently my daughter has a fever today, she was eating some soup and got it all over herself, so i took off her shirt and was going to go get a her a new one. she just yells at me telling me " your just going to leave her like that?!" and i was just like " your only 10!!! do not tell me how to parent!!!" 

im am so done im about to smack the shit out of her. and my parents dont do anything they just tell me to take it.... 

so vent over thanks for reading if you have advice i will gradly take it. 

by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamasaurusPrime
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:27 PM

What a fucking spoiled brat.

I would have lost my patience with her a long time ago. I think, next time she says something, retaliate. Even if she tell your parents, just tell them to stop letting her fucken boss you around.

Worst case scenario, they get pissed at you and you have to find a place of your own. Talk to your parents - you can't live like this with a bratty little sister. She's 10, she shouldn't be saying anything to you, and you shouldn't even let her words bother you. She is still very sheltered from reality!!!

Ngi ne themba - I have hope.

tyfry7496
by Janet on May. 1, 2012 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Move out before she hits your child. There would be no way in hell I would put up with that much disrespect. No way!! She'd have a lecture of a lifetime that she would never forget.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MicahBoo07
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:44 PM

She is prolly mad she has to share space with u and ur daughter if u weren't there and moved back in. Maybe she needs a talking to and feel like things are ok. It could be hard on her if u weren't there for awhile. Just sit down and have a nice chat with her and explain to her whats going on and why ur back. She had no choice in the matter so she feels helpless and I can see that. Ur parents sound like they don't tell her anything so just have a sister to sister talk with her. Maybe she feels u aren't paying any attention to her if u did before u had a child. There are many reasons as to why she is acting out just get to the root of the problem before something bad happens.

MamasaurusPrime
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:45 PM

But OP's attention should be on her dd, not her sister. Her sister is still a child herself, and it still might be difficult for her to adjust.

But I also am worried that she has threatened to hit her daughter - I would slap my baby sister if she ever told me she was gonna hit my DS!!!

Quoting MicahBoo07:

She is prolly mad she has to share space with u and ur daughter if u weren't there and moved back in. Maybe she needs a talking to and feel like things are ok. It could be hard on her if u weren't there for awhile. Just sit down and have a nice chat with her and explain to her whats going on and why ur back. She had no choice in the matter so she feels helpless and I can see that. Ur parents sound like they don't tell her anything so just have a sister to sister talk with her. Maybe she feels u aren't paying any attention to her if u did before u had a child. There are many reasons as to why she is acting out just get to the root of the problem before something bad happens.

Ngi ne themba - I have hope.

andyroosmama
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:52 PM
1 mom liked this

She needs to be smacked into next week and back into last week... Why in the hell is a child trying to tell you how to parent? Does she have experience? and why is she threatening to spank your child? Quite frankly, your parents need a reality check to... smdh

StephMarie_Mom
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:05 PM
I don't think you need to explain anything about your life circumstances to a 10yr old, despite a previous comment. If anything, your parents need to be mature enough adults to explain to their 10yr old child that living arrangements have temporarily changed. If that were my sister, I'd tell her to learn a child's place and stay in it before I put her in it. Your focus shouldn't have to be on your sister and why she's acting out. Your focus should be on your daughter and trying to get back on your feet. Your parents should be focused on your little sister and raising her with respect. Reading this post made me wanna smack her with a hard dose of reality! Smh how rude. And if your parents continue to allow this behavior, she's just going to progressively get worse
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
andyroosmama
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Exactly... and not only will it get worse, but she will 10x more disrespectful to them because she knows she can get away with it. You owe nothing to her and if anything, I would be thinking that your parents owe you if you are taking care of her after school while they are at work. Next time just knock her off her pedestal and put her in her in her place.

Quoting StephMarie_Mom:

I don't think you need to explain anything about your life circumstances to a 10yr old, despite a previous comment. If anything, your parents need to be mature enough adults to explain to their 10yr old child that living arrangements have temporarily changed. If that were my sister, I'd tell her to learn a child's place and stay in it before I put her in it. Your focus shouldn't have to be on your sister and why she's acting out. Your focus should be on your daughter and trying to get back on your feet. Your parents should be focused on your little sister and raising her with respect. Reading this post made me wanna smack her with a hard dose of reality! Smh how rude. And if your parents continue to allow this behavior, she's just going to progressively get worse

Stephd710
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 11:41 PM
Ya know, she is probably learning that behavior from your mom. Doesn't excuse it, but the Apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 2, 2012 at 12:07 AM
Wow she is something else
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SinceresMomma
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:16 AM
I agree with this..

Quoting andyroosmama:

Exactly... and not only will it get worse, but she will 10x more disrespectful to them because she knows she can get away with it. You owe nothing to her and if anything, I would be thinking that your parents owe you if you are taking care of her after school while they are at work. Next time just knock her off her pedestal and put her in her in her place.

Quoting StephMarie_Mom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)