Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Happy happy happy... Happy news. :)

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:09 AM
  • 3 Replies
Sooooo, of all people to text me at 12 in the morning(last night), my lawyer texts me to have me call him the next morning (this morning at a more reasonable hour). Turns out he was awake lookin over files (cool, whatever, they have a newborn so also no surprise he's up) and I was up cuz it was stormy and baby was hungry and stuffs.... Anyway, texted for a while (i had lots of questions regarding my case) and according to him, (good news #1) dd's loser father's lawyer says that loser probably won't be pursuing visitation anymore because he moved so far away. *happy dance* Also according to my lawyer, (good news #2) we can file contempt of court (for him ignoring me and not showing up for visits since mid-march) along with the child support (which he hasn't ever paid) papers.... (good news #3) I can also do whatever vacationing I want to as long as I attempt to tell him. But chances are he won't answer, so it's his problem not mine if he did decide to step up to the plate and pick her up and we're in Washington visiting my sis..... AND, (here's my Happy happy happy news) because loser has basically abandoned his visitation with no warning and no contact, my lawyer says that yes, we can potentially have his rights reduced or taken away. Yay!!

And in other news, we've decided to start a garden (of mostly veggies) and I now have 2 jobs, so things are lookin up all the way around! Cool!

Anyone else havin a much better Spring/Early summer than last year? :) Good news for anyone else? Any kind of fun news is welcome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on May. 2, 2012 at 8:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Congrats!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cadeesmommy0120
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Glad everything is working out for you!

deltathree
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Awesome!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN