Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Trapped between a rock and a hard place

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:27 AM
  • 24 Replies
I just found out I'm pregnant. Today I turned 5 weeks and a day. Today I also told the father. I already knew what his response would be because we went through a pregnancy before. He convinced me and scared me into getting an abortion saying how I was going to be a single mom and all the bad stuff that was gonna happen. I have him what HE wanted. I can't deny that there was a bit of fear in my heart because I was pregnant but nothing compared to the pain I've had to deal with this past year trying to deal with the decision I had made to terminate. Not a day goes by that I don't regret what happened. I was seeing a therapist and taking medication for depression. I was not totally and never will be "over it". I found out a few days ago that I am pregnant again, and not to my surprise he wants me to get an abortion again. He keeps insisting on why I should. I told him that I was willing to give him an exit of he didn't want to be with his kid. At this point I'm over wether he wants to be with me or not. I'm in so much pain, emotional pain! I'm confused and don't know what I should do? I don't know if keeping the baby is a good thing or a mistake like he said. I am scared beyond measure but I don't want to have an abortion. I fear I wouldn't know what to do with myself. I know I'm not the only single mother or the last one. Please help! I'm hurting really bad and I'm scared. I should mention that I am 31 and I have absolutely nothing to offer my baby. = , (
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SinceresMomma
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:44 AM
2 moms liked this
Sweetie you need to get some more confidence and belief in yourself. Never let a man tell you what would be right for you. He was only making the coast clear for himself. If your know I you felt/feel and the pain yor still going through dealing with the last termination of pregnancy, why put yourself though that again. Birth control would have helped this situation but better yet you need to find a man that can own up to his responsibilities. I'm sure you have plenty to offer your unborn child, let's start with learning how to love and accept it. Surround yourself with people that support you. You with this guy but as soon as you get pregnant he tells you how hard it is to be a single mom. Wow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
afchoirfreak
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:59 AM
3 moms liked this

I agree with the pp.  You can do anything you put your mind to.  Don't let him make this decision for you.  I was in the same situation but now I am getting my life on track and preparing to raise this baby on my own.  You can do it.  I have never met a woman who has regretted having a baby, but there are plenty who regret aborting one.  Hugs

CrystalYaris
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 4:09 AM

i agree with the first two posters.

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on May. 2, 2012 at 7:58 AM
You need to do what you want to do. No one can make you do something you don't want to do. If having the baby is the best option for you then you will try and find a way to make it work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom5150
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I can't believe you stayed with the guy dealing with the emotions from the first time. There is obviously a lot a pain. Does he not know having another abortion could hurt you? You could not ever be able to have children. Don't do it to
Let him out of his responsibilities. You are stronger than you think and you can do this! Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom5150
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:15 AM
I can't believe you stayed with the guy dealing with the emotions from the first time. There is obviously a lot a pain. Does he not know having another abortion could hurt you? You could not ever be able to have children. Don't do it to
Let him out of his responsibilities. You are stronger than you think and you can do this! Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babs35
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:20 AM
1 mom liked this

when I was 17 I was really scared as well about being pregnant but i didn't believe in abortion so i went through with it. things happen for a reason i believ ena if this is happening for a second time, maybe thats whats going on for you too. if you think this may put you over the edge emotionally i would say keep it and if before you have him or her you really don't think you can handle takaing care of them them there are pleanty loveing parent s out there that can't have babies. for your sake alone it might be worth considering

cadeesmommy0120
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:00 AM

This.  Good luck with your decision hun!

Quoting Mommyto2LilMen:

You need to do what you want to do. No one can make you do something you don't want to do. If having the baby is the best option for you then you will try and find a way to make it work.

5BMom
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:06 AM
Only you can make this decision. I can tell you, though, there is always something to offer a baby and that is LOVE. Whether you keep her or put her up for adoption, you can do what is best for your child.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LancesMom
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:33 AM

welcomeNice to meet you! Hugs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)