Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son is having a hard time...

Posted by   + Show Post
with my boyfriend. My son is almost 12 yrs old and he expressed himself to me about my boyfriend. He said that he wasn't ready to meet him, he said he doesn't want me to get hurt...So, we are just giving him his space and respecting his feeling. I been divorce x 3 yrs and this is the first time he sees me with someone else beside his dad. My boyfriend and I have plans to get married in a yr. My question is: any of you been in the same situation before? Any advice ? Thanks
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:14 AM
Replies (11-12):
DixieL
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 5:09 PM

I haven't been in that situation but if I am reading right it sounds like you are doing the right thing. You are giving him space for now. I wouldn't have your boyfriend stay the night yet. Give him some time to get used to your boyfirend before you tell him about getting married. In a short time maybe your boyfriend can start coming over and they can start doing things together to get your son to feel closer to him. Then the three of you do things together. That should make him get used to you all being together. After that happens and he is ok with that let him know that you two want to get married and hopefully by then he will be ok with it.

vanessa19120
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:26 AM
He met him-but, doesn't like the idea of him spending some weekends at the house. Also my ex husband is putting stuff on my son's head.... Not good :-/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)