Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

books

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:01 AM
  • 15 Replies
Hey ladies!! What are you reading right now?! Looking for a few new books!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
petite101
by Danielle on May. 2, 2012 at 11:04 AM

I'm rereading my Vampire Academy books.

steviechick
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Killing Lincoln - VERY precises on the final days of the civil war and the assassination of President Abraham Lincoln. 

tyfry7496
by Janet on May. 2, 2012 at 12:26 PM
Scarlet Letter. Free on my Nook.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
5BMom
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:15 PM
Killer Weekend by Ridley Pearson. Its about my town and my friend Walt is the main character and my vetrinarian gets offed. Its funny!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zmama22
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:18 PM

the girl with the dragon tattoo by Steig Larsson. a friend got the movie and i wanted to finish the book first. don't think i'm going to finish it. i'm on page 166 and bored out of my mind and tempted to skip ahead to the middle (it's almost 600 pages).

tyfry7496
by Janet on May. 2, 2012 at 11:14 PM
2 moms liked this

Keep reading it. It gets better. I read all 3 in less than a week.

Quoting zmama22:

the girl with the dragon tattoo by Steig Larsson. a friend got the movie and i wanted to finish the book first. don't think i'm going to finish it. i'm on page 166 and bored out of my mind and tempted to skip ahead to the middle (it's almost 600 pages).

Join Us                                                                                        Group Mod 

MamasaurusPrime
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:21 PM

I'm taking a disaster literature english course and I just read an AMAZING book, pretty terrifying to imagine, but it talks about capitalism, and the fall of America,  becoming a third world country filled with chaos and tons of natural disasters. It's called Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler. I have to read her other book called "Kindred" for my Women's and Gender Studies class for the end of this month!!! I'm excited!

For my course, I'm also halfway through Coleson Whitehead's Zone One, and so far, I'm liking it - it's about Zombies in New York.

Ngi ne themba - I have hope.

zmama22
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Quoting tyfry7496:

Keep reading it. It gets better. I read all 3 in less than a week.

Quoting zmama22:

good to know bc i already got the 2nd one through paperbackswap.com.

zmama22
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

I'm taking a disaster literature english course and I just read an AMAZING book, pretty terrifying to imagine, but it talks about capitalism, and the fall of America,  becoming a third world country filled with chaos and tons of natural disasters. It's called Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler. I have to read her other book called "Kindred" for my Women's and Gender Studies class for the end of this month!!! I'm excited!

For my course, I'm also halfway through Coleson Whitehead's Zone One, and so far, I'm liking it - it's about Zombies in New York.

i love Octavia Butler - she was one of the 1st black woman to write sci pi. i read kindred first and then went to find her other books. i've collected all of her books except one. "Parable of the Sower" has a sequel to it "Parable of the Talents."

MamasaurusPrime
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:35 AM
I know! I am gonna get it! I wish she would have made a trilogy. I am really excited to read Kindred.

Quoting zmama22:

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

i love Octavia Butler - she was one of the 1st black woman to write sci pi. i read kindred first and then went to find her other books. i've collected all of her books except one. "Parable of the Sower" has a sequel to it "Parable of the Talents."

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)