Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My daughters dad thinks he's gonna bully me to get what he wants!

Posted by   + Show Post

My daughters father hasn't been apart her life for almost a year. It took a paternity test and me filing for child support for him to even give me and my daughter Lilly the time of day. Lilly is now 16 months old and her dad thinks he's gonna get sole custody of her. He has another daughter who is 3 and he's not doing any of this for.  He doesn't understand that he has no legal right to her ( I didn't put his name of her birth certificate....he wasn't even at the hospital when I had Lilly, he didn't want to see her either.) and he has no way of proving that I'm an unfit mother. I've done everything by myself since day 1 and sadly my family has had to help me financially. Him and his family has given me a dime for Lilly or offered to help me. Lillies dad has even filed for hearing because I moved out of Sioux Falls. I'm so fed up and frustrated with all of this. I don't know what to do anymore. I'm in need of some advice and help at this point.

by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:35 PM
Replies (11-12):
Jeni1124
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:53 PM

My STBX just threatened me that he'd try for sole custody because I brought up support too! I just limit communication. If he is the father let him have visits, that will look better on you in court, but you can supervise them since he doesn't know her.

StillDreaming07
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:00 PM
Going through this now. My son's father has been in his life and taking care of him, but for the past 6 months, he hasnt done much, hasnt come around much..he has been virtually absent as a parent. So I decided to move out of state where Id have help & a better enviornment for our kids. He has also tried to bully me and tell me i cant move. After I cut into him & informed him he had no rights because we were not married when he was born & couldnt stop me from leaving he backed down. He still makes idle threats about suing for custody, but he has no case. And i have plenty of evidence that he is unfit. Bottom line, I feel you. Its stressful and annoying. Even if he goes through the trouble of dragging you to court, he will have nothing! Just ignore him!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)