Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Some days anger gets the best of me *vent*

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:56 PM
  • 6 Replies

Everything bd has been doing recently has irritated the crap out of me! He acts so helpless, and like nothing is in his control....ummm, yea dude, when it comes to your life you are the only one in control! He's an "artist" he mostly paints.....it was a huge deal in our relationship because whenever I came home he went to paint...which the studio (college) is 25min drive from where we lived.....he did this even though there was a basement and a garage he could have painted at in our (my) house. But he just "couldn't" paint there....so I would go to work (he didn't/doesn't work) come home....see him in passing, then he would come home after I was asleep.....no wonder why the relationship didn't work! Any way, there are days he comes over to watch ds for the day while I'm at work and its always like "oh I'm just feeling really depressed" "I don't know where my life is going" "As soon as I can I'll help you out financially".....gah! I'm just so sick of his pity party, I try and give him advice, but it literally goes in one ear and out the other, I even offered to pay for a month at my gym for him to see if that would help his "depression"....he paints every single day, doesn't really do much else....its kind of funny because now that he has all the time in the world to paint its been taking him over a month to finish one painting, when he's done others in less than a week lol and still he says he can't stay caught up on his school work.....ummm wtf? He's in a painting class, a watercolor painting class, and a sculpture class.....btw, he's already taken all of his art classes and then some that he needs for his degree, he's been pushing off his academic classes for over a year....this his the end of his 3rd year....it will take him at least another year to finish.....so he can get his 2 year degree! Dude, you have a kid now, you can't just waste your time....he needs you! Ugh! Thanks for letting me vent lol this started becaus of a fb post of his I just saw saying "It's funny how the only way I know how to deal with life....is to paint...when I'm not painting I'm lost" -----he posts this while he's watching ds, wtf? spend time with your son, handle your responsibilities, that's how you deal with life! ugh, thanks again! lol

tattoobriefcasebaby in sling

A tattooed, working, mom since 12/12/10 :D

by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 4:39 PM
Have you filed for CS yet? He needs to get his ass a job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
photogal831
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:51 PM
No i keep fighting with myself on that one...ugh...i hate that i try to be nice then it just comes back to bite me

Quoting MeeshMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 5:08 PM
Just do it. He doesn't do shot financially. And if he has a problem with it too damn bad.

Quoting photogal831:

No i keep fighting with myself on that one...ugh...i hate that i try to be nice then it just comes back to bite me

Quoting MeeshMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DixieL
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 5:18 PM
1 mom liked this

He need's to work and help you with your son. His son is a lot to want to live for. He seems like he is being very lazy and not caring about anything. Tell him to get off his pity party and act like a man

photogal831
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:05 PM
I think im worried about ds having to deal with the outcome...meaning bd being pissed with me so he doesn't come around as often....but i just had a counseling appt and she says that i need to realize that i don't have any control over what he does...but its hard some times lol

Quoting MeeshMom:

Just do it. He doesn't do shot financially. And if he has a problem with it too damn bad.

Quoting photogal831:

Quoting MeeshMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sid1083
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 6:32 PM

The hardest lesson I've had to learn when it comes to kids: just because your child is your #1 priority, doesn't mean that's the case with the other parent. I too struggled on whether or not to put bd through custody & support (since I've been voluntarily getting $$), but in the end I decided that if it was handled through the court, that was one less thing to bicker about. It's now out of my hands and when he mentions it, I just say "if there's an issue, you need to take it up with the court." Nothing I can say or do will help him to re-focus on the kids and magically make them #1 (or even 2, 3, or 4).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)