Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Can't/won't give in..not this time

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:34 PM
  • 5 Replies
So theirs certian family members who NEVER call/text to hang out. I have been super close with said family for well over 25 years. I have not been included in some of the stuff I would've liked to be included in ie March of dimes walk. (my cousins son passed of SIDS 4 years ago) and it would've been nice to just be asked to do it with them since he was like my nephew and I would've liked to do something like that. My brother says that the phone works 2 ways but yet it only seems to be a one way street with that me being the caller. I have decided that until they can contact me more than just once to that I am not contacting them. I am hurt that they cant even take one little second out of their day to say hey or something. It really just hurts my feelings something fierce. I cry about it sometimes. I know it probably sounds like in being childish but I'm just really hurt. I apologize if it doesnt make sense..my mind is a very jumbled place :/ So bash if you must. I just reply needed to get that out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
sid1083
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 4:47 AM
I totally get what you're saying. There was a period of about a year I went without talking to my best friend because it felt like I was doing all the calling. Once I quit calling was when the year started; then out of the blue she had called me wondering why she hadn't heard from me in a long time.

Imo, it's not that you don't care about said family member, it's more the principle that you shouldn't have to be the only one making an effort at making the relationship work. Hopefully they'll come around and you guys can reconcile, if that's what you want.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HIJKLM
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:52 AM
My fam is that was... If I dont call we don't talk. I realized I'm too busy to force it. I'm sorry to say but some people aren't with the effort...

Honestly I've learned the "strangers" On CM care more than my "real" fam... I hope this isn't the case with you but if it is I (we) are here for you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wigglesmomma22
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:25 AM

I have the same problem.  My brother and I used to be very close until he married his wife.  We barely talk now.  I've stopped calling and inviting him to things.  He hasn't been to a birthday for my DD since she was 1, she's now 5.  On thanksgiving of this year I got an invitation the day of..about 9am.  I declined.  His DD's birthday is in two weeks and my mom got an invitation, I didn't.  The same for easter, I didn't get an invitation.  He hasn't been to my house since my DD's first birthday.  It hurts, but I'm not interested in maintaining a relationship with him because of it.  He can have his family and I can have mine.  I also can't stand the way he lives.  We grew up in an abusive home (our father), and he spent 3 days in jail because he beat her up.  I sincerely hope if it happens again he gets ass raped by big bubba.  Sorry, I"m in a mood today (see other post), and I have no patience for stupid (him).

LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 3, 2012 at 9:29 AM
I feel you the only time I see my dad is if I initiate it if it wasn't for my son I probably would never see him. Fb has been a great tool for keeping in touch with 95% of my family or its the same thing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Peytons_Mama09
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:38 AM
Well I don't feel childish anymore. I'm sorry you ladies have to deal with it too. It really hurts. But all I can do I move on and if they want to hang out or see my dd its going to take more than one text.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)