Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

As we speak, I'm in Wal-Mart...

Posted by   + Show Post
Listening to a a girl (about 15) tell her mom how unfair it is that her sister always gets a new pair of shoes. Her mom says...

"you get shoes too. You choose not to wear them"

"you know why mom?! Because you buy cheap shoes!"

"I'm not buying you name brand shoes (insert name)". That's it"

"mom!! I'm not wearing them!!! You buy ugly and cheap shoes!!! Nobody wears that crap"

Right hand before God. I wanted to take her out myself. It's more sad than anything. How ungrateful our kids can sometimes be.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:56 PM
Replies (21-25):
moosesmom
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 12:49 PM

My ex-husband's brother is like that. He's 10 years younger than us. And I remember my ex always saying that the stuff he said and did would have meant an a**whoopin for him and his older sister. I wonder if some older parents don't have that fight left in them anymore. Make sense?

Quoting squishsmom:

Kids these days have no respect!!! My little sister from another father than my sisters and i, also age 15 has no respect for my mother or her father! There are so many things that they let hwr get away with that i would have been beat for!! My sisters boyfriend asked her to prom and we found a beautiful floor length dress and awesome shoes, both for under $50 at Burlington.. she didn't want them because she didn't want to tell people where she got it!! So my mom ended up paying $120 for another dress and shoes at a different store! Half the stuff she gets she doesn't deserve and i can't believe my mom let's her get away with it! I'm still afraid of cussing or yelling at my mother!

LovelyDayz
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:53 PM

I felt like that at times, but I always wore the shoes anyway. It's sad really because alot of kids parents can't even afford to buy them any shoes =( 

NananRaysmom
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 12:55 PM
Ummm...I felt the same way a her age. My mom only bought me crappy wal mart stuff and I was the odd one out. Its hard at that age to be different I guess. I was told she would continue to shop for me at walmart...and if I wanted nice stuff...I could get a job and buy it...and I did!! As a mom I will shop there occasionaly...but shoes...no way. I know how I felt...so my kids always have on nice brand name shoes...and nice "in style" clothes. I do refuse to buy jeans at walmart too...they are cheap...ugly...don't fit right...and feel weird. Like paper kinda..NOT jean material.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaFLgurl
by Lucas' mama on May. 4, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Sounds like my ungrateful 15 yr old niece. Teens ( not all but most) think we owe them every lil thing they want.

steviechick
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this

How utterly disrespectful.  This 15 year old is lucky her mom buys her shoes at all.  When I was 15 I had to buy my own things - minus school clothes and supplies.  If I wanted to go to a move - had to pay for it myself.  If I wanted that cute purse - had to pay for it myself.  IF I had told my mom the very same thing this spoiled brat told her mom I would have seen the wooden spoon up my backend.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN