Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

As we speak, I'm in Wal-Mart...

Posted by   + Show Post
Listening to a a girl (about 15) tell her mom how unfair it is that her sister always gets a new pair of shoes. Her mom says...

"you get shoes too. You choose not to wear them"

"you know why mom?! Because you buy cheap shoes!"

"I'm not buying you name brand shoes (insert name)". That's it"

"mom!! I'm not wearing them!!! You buy ugly and cheap shoes!!! Nobody wears that crap"

Right hand before God. I wanted to take her out myself. It's more sad than anything. How ungrateful our kids can sometimes be.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:56 PM
Replies (11-20):
moosesmom
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Parents are too lazy to discipline them. To busy making excuses for their kids. OR law enforcement/government has put so many restrictions on what we as parents are allowed to do as far as discipline goes. Either way we have kids running around walking all over parents, and anytime we try to do what's right, we're reprimanded or arrested for abuse. SMH

Quoting prdmama1154:

I never acted that way. What the hell is happening with the future generations.

prdmama1154
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:00 PM
That's exactly right.

Quoting moosesmom:

Parents are too lazy to discipline them. To busy making excuses for their kids. OR law enforcement/government has put so many restrictions on what we as parents are allowed to do as far as discipline goes. Either way we have kids running around walking all over parents, and anytime we try to do what's right, we're reprimanded or arrested for abuse. SMH

Quoting prdmama1154:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamasaurusPrime
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:28 PM

I may have the unpopular opinion, but I don't think it has so much to do with lack of discipline. From OP's post, it sounds like the mother has very good methods of discipline and is very patient despite her daughter's bratty actions.

My opinion - a lot of bullying is becoming more prominent with the new generation. Either the girl is a spoiled brat or she's being bullied. It sounds like it's the latter. The mother was firm on denying her name brand shoes.

Quoting prdmama1154:

Ngi ne themba - I have hope.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 3, 2012 at 12:24 AM
Wow really?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moosesmom
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 1:52 AM
Really

Quoting LifeCafe42:

Wow really?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
squag.mom
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Little shit should have to go around barefoot.

virgendelamor
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:56 AM
As Dane cook says "fuck shoes" lmao
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephMarie_Mom
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:49 AM
Right?! If I ever said some madness like that to my mom, it would be an immediate misunderstanding! Smh I was grateful to even have decent shoes and clothes. First pair of expensive sneakers I ever had, I paid for! My mom said I could have these jordans if I came up w/the money, so I worked my ass off. That was the first and last time I paid 100 or more for some damn sneakers. Only sneakers I wear now are converse, cute, casual, and inexpensive.

Quoting armyvet06:

If I ever spoke to my mom like that even now, my mom would beat my ass.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StillDreaming07
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:56 AM
Smh. Wow. I would never have dared to talk to my mom like that. And I was at my worst at 15/16. Thought I knew it all. But hell, i wasn't crazy. Then again, Im my mom's only child. We never got into it about what she bought me. She taught me how to dress and how to shop lol. But still. I often disagreed with her about other things and I never talked to her crazy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
squishsmom
by Ali on May. 4, 2012 at 12:26 PM
Kids these days have no respect!!! My little sister from another father than my sisters and i, also age 15 has no respect for my mother or her father! There are so many things that they let hwr get away with that i would have been beat for!! My sisters boyfriend asked her to prom and we found a beautiful floor length dress and awesome shoes, both for under $50 at Burlington.. she didn't want them because she didn't want to tell people where she got it!! So my mom ended up paying $120 for another dress and shoes at a different store! Half the stuff she gets she doesn't deserve and i can't believe my mom let's her get away with it! I'm still afraid of cussing or yelling at my mother!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)