Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

he's in foster care

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:34 PM
  • 6 Replies
My mom just called. The state cane and took DS13 from xdh yesterday. Apparently they were reported due to ds's outburst in school and xdh not taking him to the psych as the school requested in order for him to not be expelled. Dad went to court with xdh today. Ds will be back with xdh in a month provided they get him stabilized on meds. They have also declared him (DS) disabled and are starting the procces to get benifits.

Now for the kicker of all this. When DS was five I was in a bad place and signed guardianship to my parents. TWO YEARS AGO THEY SIGNED FULL CUSTODY TO XDH AND NO ONE TOLD ME TILL TODAY!! !!! I'm so mad and hurt. No wonder my kid thinks I don't love him. He must think I gave him away!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on May. 2, 2012 at 11:40 PM

So sorry to hear.  good luck.

andyroosmama
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:51 PM

hugsSorry mama... You did what you thought was best for him... don't beat yourself up. Had you known then what was to come, I'm sure you would've done things different...

5BMom
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:58 PM
Giving your parents guardianship does NOT terminate your parental rights. If your rights were terminated, you would have to be notified. You should still legally be able to help him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reaandiziesmama
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:01 AM
I'm going to check more tomorrow but from what I understand since I gave them guardianship and they gave xdh full custody there is not much I can do except fight for custody which I can't afford and legal aid here will only help if it was a DVD situation.

Quoting 5BMom:

Giving your parents guardianship does NOT terminate your parental rights. If your rights were terminated, you would have to be notified. You should still legally be able to help him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 3, 2012 at 12:06 AM
Hugs mama
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
5BMom
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:21 AM
Call your attorney referral hotline and see if you can get a list of pro bonos.

Quoting reaandiziesmama:

I'm going to check more tomorrow but from what I understand since I gave them guardianship and they gave xdh full custody there is not much I can do except fight for custody which I can't afford and legal aid here will only help if it was a DVD situation.

Quoting 5BMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)