Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Hair help.

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:42 AM
  • 17 Replies
My dd is 2 and has never had her hair cut, well it was shaved when she was 8 months old from surgery. Hasn't had it cut since. I LOVE her hair BUT it's always always in her face. She hates it being done, won't wear headbands and she gets food in it cuz she won't let us put it up. What can I do cut wise to keep most of the length but get it out of her face.

Pics in replies...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Peytons_Mama09

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Peytons_Mama09

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
petite101
by Danielle on May. 3, 2012 at 9:46 AM

She has beautiful hair! I would just get it trimmed and then make her sit down and let you do it. My daughter hated getting her hair done too. I had to wrap my legs around her sometimes to get it done so it would stay out of her face.

petite101
by Danielle on May. 3, 2012 at 9:49 AM

This was my daughter's hair at 2, lol!! Don't mind the mess that it is, she had just woke up from a nap and I had to pick her dad up from work(didn't have time to do it lol) 

cadeesmommy0120
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:37 AM

DD's hair is like that too!  I just have them do some side bangs that stay out of her face and some layers.  It didn't take much off but that helped tremendously!

txangelco84
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:07 AM

My daughters hair is really long also. For meal times I just clip it back. I give mine a choice, we clip it back during meal times or they get it cut their choice.

lissetteP
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 11:10 AM
that looks very pretty

Quoting Peytons_Mama09:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom-x-2
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:37 PM
My dd is a little older but I get those claw clips and twist it up for meal and messy times. Like a french twist or whatever. She loves it because she thinks she looks like cinderella with it done like that and it can be done to messy hair and make it appear somewhat "done"
Peytons_Mama09
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:56 PM
Thanks ladies. I told her I was gonna cut it if she didn't let me do it. It's up and cute :) my biggest issue is my mom watches her while I am work and she doesn't do anything with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Peytons_Mama09
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:56 PM
Thanks this is one of the times she didn't yell at me and let me French braid it.

Quoting lissetteP:

that looks very pretty

Quoting Peytons_Mama09:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN