Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Signing over his rights **added more**

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:46 PM
  • 88 Replies
2 moms liked this

My daughters bio dad never wanted her my whole pregnancy was abusive in each and every way even trying to kill DD by locking me in a bathroom drenched with clorox when i was pregnant. Now shes 2 and he wants to officially sign his rights over but see her for the first and last time because hes moving to Korea. I have FULL custody and he only has rights when he starts paying CS which he wont because he wont pay he wants to sign her over. WHICH IS WHAT I WANT! But he asked me to have her for the day i said FUCK NO. He just got out of jail for a DUI from last year he is a alcoholic he drinks it like water. Then he asked for 50/50 custody i told him fuck no because he hasn't done shit for her. Ya i know some of you wont agree with that but i dont care i am doing whats best for my daughter and keeping him out of her life is whats best. Why should he get any rights to her after he tried killing me and her?? I dont want his money i want him to disappear. I told him he can see her when he signs his rights over. So thats our deal...

Sorry i just need to vent lol and i hate him.  

THERE IS NOOOOOOOO WAY HE COULD EVER KIDNAP MY CHILD IF THERE IS ONE VISITATION AFTER HIS RIGHTS ARE SIGNED OVER I WILL HAVE MY FATHER WITH ME AT ALL TIMES. HE IS AFRAID OF MY FATHER. 

by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jismyworld
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:52 PM
3 moms liked this

I WOULD NEVER ALLOW HIM AROUND MY CHILD, HE CRAZY.... RUN GIRL RUN.........I would have someone with me at all time while he is around you or your baby...

xpectingmama10
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:56 PM
3 moms liked this

I know. I'm just telling him i will when he signs his rights over but i dont really think i will. He is crazy he started yelling at me for throwing up in his car 3 YEARS AGO! I'm like really dude don't fucking yell at me! If i do let him say goodbye to her i will have my dad with me. 

Quoting Jismyworld:

I WOULD NEVER ALLOW HIM AROUND MY CHILD, HE CRAZY.... RUN GIRL RUN.........I would have someone with me at all time while he is around you or your baby...

brieri
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Vent away.  It's your post.

Jismyworld
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I think that a good idea. Good luck!!

tinyt13
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:49 PM
Is he on her birth certificate?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xpectingmama10
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope and she has my last name not his

Quoting tinyt13:

tinyt13
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I am not sure if this varies from state to state but what I was told is that if the fathers name is not on the b.c then legally he has no rights to her whatsoever he would have to take you to court to get a DNA test to eat paternity and then he would have to sign off. As far as the law goes you don't ever have to say boo to him about her or anything

Quoting xpectingmama10:

Quoting tinyt13:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaMia720
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Keep your head up Mama & stay strong!

xpectingmama10
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this

We did a DNA test for the CS case they told me he as rights even though hes not on it and has never seen her :/ which really irks me because she is mine ya know? i've been here for two years raising her alone. I told him to get a lawyer and pay for a mediation hearing to sign over his rights its the least he can do. He agreed to that. I might just change my number i dont know how in the hell he got it.

Quoting tinyt13:

I am not sure if this varies from state to state but what I was told is that if the fathers name is not on the b.c then legally he has no rights to her whatsoever he would have to take you to court to get a DNA test to eat paternity and then he would have to sign off. As far as the law goes you don't ever have to say boo to him about her or anything

Quoting xpectingmama10:

Quoting tinyt13:

m2b8609
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:02 PM
2 moms liked this

tell him to just sign him over if he dont and hes moving to another country then you should be able to terminate his rights all together in a few years

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)