Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Signing over his rights **added more**

My daughters bio dad never wanted her my whole pregnancy was abusive in each and every way even trying to kill DD by locking me in a bathroom drenched with clorox when i was pregnant. Now shes 2 and he wants to officially sign his rights over but see her for the first and last time because hes moving to Korea. I have FULL custody and he only has rights when he starts paying CS which he wont because he wont pay he wants to sign her over. WHICH IS WHAT I WANT! But he asked me to have her for the day i said FUCK NO. He just got out of jail for a DUI from last year he is a alcoholic he drinks it like water. Then he asked for 50/50 custody i told him fuck no because he hasn't done shit for her. Ya i know some of you wont agree with that but i dont care i am doing whats best for my daughter and keeping him out of her life is whats best. Why should he get any rights to her after he tried killing me and her?? I dont want his money i want him to disappear. I told him he can see her when he signs his rights over. So thats our deal...

Sorry i just need to vent lol and i hate him.  

THERE IS NOOOOOOOO WAY HE COULD EVER KIDNAP MY CHILD IF THERE IS ONE VISITATION AFTER HIS RIGHTS ARE SIGNED OVER I WILL HAVE MY FATHER WITH ME AT ALL TIMES. HE IS AFRAID OF MY FATHER. 

by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Replies (11-20):
xpectingmama10
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:09 PM

oh my gosh! I totally completely forgot about that!! Either way hes out of our lives. Thank you :)

Quoting m2b8609:

tell him to just sign him over if he dont and hes moving to another country then you should be able to terminate his rights all together in a few years

5BMom
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:17 PM
Sadly, his being a drunk will not affect his ability to get custody. He would have to get visitation anc then be found to be too druk to care for her while she is in his sole care, custody, and control. A friend of mine went through this. Personally, I wouldn't yank his chain too hard...he could still file and get visitation with her and you could have to send her to korea for a couple of weeks a year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tinyt13
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:23 PM
Is there anything stating that if he hasn't seen her in so much of an amt of time that his rights are revoked?

Quoting xpectingmama10:

We did a DNA test for the CS case they told me he as rights even though hes not on it and has never seen her :/ which really irks me because she is mine ya know? i've been here for two years raising her alone. I told him to get a lawyer and pay for a mediation hearing to sign over his rights its the least he can do. He agreed to that. I might just change my number i dont know how in the hell he got it.

Quoting tinyt13:

I am not sure if this varies from state to state but what I was told is that if the fathers name is not on the b.c then legally he has no rights to her whatsoever he would have to take you to court to get a DNA test to eat paternity and then he would have to sign off. As far as the law goes you don't ever have to say boo to him about her or anything

Quoting xpectingmama10:

Nope and she has my last name not his

Quoting tinyt13:

Is he on her birth certificate?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xpectingmama10
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:45 AM
Sadly no, but a lady commented on here and reminded me that if he moves to korea his rights are automatically terminated. I know he will sign her over either way I have txts and emails stating he doesnt want her. He.would rather sign her over then pay a penny to her.

Quoting tinyt13:

Is there anything stating that if he hasn't seen her in so much of an amt of time that his rights are revoked?

Quoting xpectingmama10:

We did a DNA test for the CS case they told me he as rights even though hes not on it and has never seen her :/ which really irks me because she is mine ya know? i've been here for two years raising her alone. I told him to get a lawyer and pay for a mediation hearing to sign over his rights its the least he can do. He agreed to that. I might just change my number i dont know how in the hell he got it.

Quoting tinyt13:

I am not sure if this varies from state to state but what I was told is that if the fathers name is not on the b.c then legally he has no rights to her whatsoever he would have to take you to court to get a DNA test to eat paternity and then he would have to sign off. As far as the law goes you don't ever have to say boo to him about her or anything

Quoting xpectingmama10:

Quoting tinyt13:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
5BMom
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:55 AM
2 moms liked this
If he make an effort to stay in touch, it will not be abandonment and his rights are not automatically terminated. If you deny him contact while he is in korea and he attempts it, he can go after YOU.

Quoting xpectingmama10:

Sadly no, but a lady commented on here and reminded me that if he moves to korea his rights are automatically terminated. I know he will sign her over either way I have txts and emails stating he doesnt want her. He.would rather sign her over then pay a penny to her.

Quoting tinyt13:

Quoting xpectingmama10:

Quoting tinyt13:

Quoting xpectingmama10:

Quoting tinyt13:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Superior_Mom
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:36 AM
1 mom liked this
They won't be automatically terminated but u would be able to
Have rights terminated in court and een if u didnt hear feom him, honestly he would never know if u did. I had rights terminated two yrs ago.. Bio dad was abusive, he had not seen kiddo or paid in 6 yrs,( I still am and have been since beginning extremely close w bio dads family) did all the filling though the court myself n never needed lawyer or him to get it done ;) funny, just the other day bio dads Gma called me saying don't answer a xxx number, he's trying to find u..(apparently realized he was a douche and made a mistake and wants to see son) lol I will never let him alone w my child either
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xpectingmama10
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:40 AM
Well I know him pretty well and he wont fight me for her im not worried at all I have lawyers just in case. He will never get her.

Quoting 5BMom:

If he make an effort to stay in touch, it will not be abandonment and his rights are not automatically terminated. If you deny him contact while he is in korea and he attempts it, he can go after YOU.

Quoting xpectingmama10:

Quoting tinyt13:

Quoting xpectingmama10:

Quoting tinyt13:

Quoting xpectingmama10:

Quoting tinyt13:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xpectingmama10
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:43 AM
Thats awesome you knocked him out of the picture. Bio dads brother is my witness and wants his brother to rot in prison. He would help me in court if anything ever got ugly which I doubt because he wants to move to korea and live his carefree life. Lol hes scared of me putting him in jail idk how he thinks I can but oh well lol he can think that

Quoting Superior_Mom:

They won't be automatically terminated but u would be able to

Have rights terminated in court and een if u didnt hear feom him, honestly he would never know if u did. I had rights terminated two yrs ago.. Bio dad was abusive, he had not seen kiddo or paid in 6 yrs,( I still am and have been since beginning extremely close w bio dads family) did all the filling though the court myself n never needed lawyer or him to get it done ;) funny, just the other day bio dads Gma called me saying don't answer a xxx number, he's trying to find u..(apparently realized he was a douche and made a mistake and wants to see son) lol I will never let him alone w my child either
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
m2b8609
by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this

they wouldnt be terminated justmoving but you can terminate them just change your number if you have to dont communicate with him unless its about her if your right he will  just move and stop contacting you all together than just terminate them 

dreambig666
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Be careful he doesn't kidnap her & take her to Korea.  So many kids are kidnaped by their parents who are from overseas.  I wouldn't let him near her.  He lost his rights as a parent by abusing you when you were pregnant & trying to hurt your pregnancy.  Stick to your guns tell him to leave you & your daughter alone & get a restraining order.  I wouldn't trust him anywhere near you or your daughter

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)