Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Signing over his rights **added more**

My daughters bio dad never wanted her my whole pregnancy was abusive in each and every way even trying to kill DD by locking me in a bathroom drenched with clorox when i was pregnant. Now shes 2 and he wants to officially sign his rights over but see her for the first and last time because hes moving to Korea. I have FULL custody and he only has rights when he starts paying CS which he wont because he wont pay he wants to sign her over. WHICH IS WHAT I WANT! But he asked me to have her for the day i said FUCK NO. He just got out of jail for a DUI from last year he is a alcoholic he drinks it like water. Then he asked for 50/50 custody i told him fuck no because he hasn't done shit for her. Ya i know some of you wont agree with that but i dont care i am doing whats best for my daughter and keeping him out of her life is whats best. Why should he get any rights to her after he tried killing me and her?? I dont want his money i want him to disappear. I told him he can see her when he signs his rights over. So thats our deal...

Sorry i just need to vent lol and i hate him.  

THERE IS NOOOOOOOO WAY HE COULD EVER KIDNAP MY CHILD IF THERE IS ONE VISITATION AFTER HIS RIGHTS ARE SIGNED OVER I WILL HAVE MY FATHER WITH ME AT ALL TIMES. HE IS AFRAID OF MY FATHER. 

by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Replies (21-30):
lilmammaX2
by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Be thankful that you were able to see the danger before it was too late to escape.  I married a similar bastard and can't afford to fight for custody or even a divorce.  He is delusional and dangerously disturbed from a violent childhood followed by back to back war deployments.  Starts drinking straight whiskey at 7 am and finishes a gallon a day while i work two jobs to feed and clothe the babies.  We live in fear and fail every legal attempt to be free of the chains.  I wish I had known what he was before I ever told him I was pregnant.  We could have just disappeared and lived without all the pain and fear.  Never give that bastard an inch of say in your child's life.  You are her protector so keep protecting her.  I hope and pray and research every second I can sneak online and try to plan our way out.  You are OUT.  I am so happy for you.  Stay far far away.  God bless you both

TinaCrystal
by on May. 6, 2012 at 5:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Go thru with it he seems like a real deadbeat anyway and that's what he wants... no crazy man around no drama....... I don't think you should let him see her for the first last time he doesn't deserve it he's never been there and it well be easier on her to never have met him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms-superwoman
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't let him see her or br around her EVER!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamasaurusPrime
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this

If he signs his rights over, this probably won't happen.

And from the sounds of her other posts, sounds like he wants nothing to do with the baby anyway.

Quoting dreambig666:

Be careful he doesn't kidnap her & take her to Korea.  So many kids are kidnaped by their parents who are from overseas.  I wouldn't let him near her.  He lost his rights as a parent by abusing you when you were pregnant & trying to hurt your pregnancy.  Stick to your guns tell him to leave you & your daughter alone & get a restraining order.  I wouldn't trust him anywhere near you or your daughter

Ngi ne themba - I have hope.

GraLauJon
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:25 PM

My concern is that he is just telling you he is going korea. how do you even know if that is true? he can just be faking it to get you to let him see her. i wouldnt trust him either.  and take it from me, my dad was psycho.  he took my half broter away from his bio mom. my aunt had to help return the boy to his mom. my dad was living off of my bro's soc sec b/c he claimed my 1/2 bro had died.  ironically, in my 30s when i searched for my bro i found out he really did die at age 13.  our dad had died years earlier at age 33. DO NOT TRUST HIM!!!!

jessi2girls
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think you are wrong at all.. her safety is your TOP priority.. and I wouldn't let him anywhere NEAR her.. in fact, from the beginning I would have put a restraining order on him.

xpectingmama10
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:31 PM

If i let him see her for the first and last time i wont be alone my dad will be with me. And over my dead body will he ever be alone with her he has no rights to be alone with her i have full custody of our DD he can see her on my convinence with me around. Which i love.

He is moving to korea because his daddy wont take care of him for much longer and he knows his family there will and hes trying to run away from DD. 

im sorry your brother went through all that as well as you thats pretty traumatizing. 

Quoting GraLauJon:

My concern is that he is just telling you he is going korea. how do you even know if that is true? he can just be faking it to get you to let him see her. i wouldnt trust him either.  and take it from me, my dad was psycho.  he took my half broter away from his bio mom. my aunt had to help return the boy to his mom. my dad was living off of my bro's soc sec b/c he claimed my 1/2 bro had died.  ironically, in my 30s when i searched for my bro i found out he really did die at age 13.  our dad had died years earlier at age 33. DO NOT TRUST HIM!!!!

jessi2girls
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 1:31 PM

you are right, if it's not on the BC then he has no rights unless they went to court for a DNA test, or he signed an ack. of paternity.

Quoting tinyt13:

I am not sure if this varies from state to state but what I was told is that if the fathers name is not on the b.c then legally he has no rights to her whatsoever he would have to take you to court to get a DNA test to eat paternity and then he would have to sign off. As far as the law goes you don't ever have to say boo to him about her or anything

Quoting xpectingmama10:

Nope and she has my last name not his

Quoting tinyt13:

Is he on her birth certificate?

xpectingmama10
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:32 PM

He forced a DNA with our child support case :/ 

Quoting jessi2girls:

you are right, if it's not on the BC then he has no rights unless they went to court for a DNA test, or he signed an ack. of paternity.

Quoting tinyt13:

I am not sure if this varies from state to state but what I was told is that if the fathers name is not on the b.c then legally he has no rights to her whatsoever he would have to take you to court to get a DNA test to eat paternity and then he would have to sign off. As far as the law goes you don't ever have to say boo to him about her or anything

Quoting xpectingmama10:

Quoting tinyt13:

jessi2girls
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 1:33 PM

when you do dna testing and go for CS you are giving over some rights to him as the father.. when he signs his rights away, the child support will drop.

Quoting xpectingmama10:

We did a DNA test for the CS case they told me he as rights even though hes not on it and has never seen her :/ which really irks me because she is mine ya know? i've been here for two years raising her alone. I told him to get a lawyer and pay for a mediation hearing to sign over his rights its the least he can do. He agreed to that. I might just change my number i dont know how in the hell he got it.

Quoting tinyt13:

Quoting xpectingmama10:

Quoting tinyt13:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)