Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I'm back and yes you all were right.

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:59 PM
  • 6 Replies

Ok. Go ahead with all the "i told you so's..." but I could really use a shoulder instead.  Yes, i knew our marriage was f**ked up and crazy and doomed, but today he FINALLY told me he was done with me. I know I should have been the one to kick him to the curb back in Dec.,  but I just had to wait it out. I had to at least TRY to see if it would work out. I have had 3 failed marriages. I really wanted this 4th one to work. I wanted my 2nd and 3rd to work too. (I married the same man twice. He was gay. Didn't work either time, whole other story.)  Obviously I have a very difficult time choosing men. I waited for him for over 2 years 2 get out of jail and continue our marriage. He won't stop blaming me for his going 2 jail. I don't know why I ever thought it would work. He is 16 years younger than me, and now that he is out he is 31 and ready to PLAY. Cant blame him I guess. The early 30s were my best years! I am now 47. I look old. I get it.  I just need some advice on how to move on and get on with my life. I have been alone for 3 years now. i don't need to go through counseling and all that. I've been doing it for the past 2 years. I am ready to date. I am just so tired...I HATE the idea of having to start all over again. That is one of the reasons I have worked so hard to make this one work.  But it is true, if BOTH of you don't want it to work, well then... 

by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Jazzy21508
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:00 PM

It seems as though at this point in my life i also have issues with choosing the right man for me. And now that im 14 weeks pregnant and just kicked to the curb as of yesterday, i dont know what to do. When u think u got everything under control and things are good, the truth smacks u in the face. Its very depressing because all u want to do is be happy. Thats its. But i guess life isn't that easy.

All i  can say to you is the train does not stop here. Take your time with meeting new people. Go out to public places and have a good time talking with people in your own age bracket. If u like younger men then so be it. Just take your time and dont rush anything. If u have any girlfriends or close family, go hang out with them sometimes. It will be good for you. Good things come to those who wait. 

animebuddy
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 12:43 PM
((Hugs)) you tried to make it work and didn't. Just focus on yourself for now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amylulu1
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Why do you have to have a man?  You are just getting out of this relationship and are already ready to date.  No relationship is going to work for you if you aren't in a good place yourself, KWIM?  Be single for a while.  Enjoy life! 

SinceresMomma
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:22 PM
This is what I was gonna say. You need to focus on yourself. You don't need a man to be happy.

Quoting amylulu1:

Why do you have to have a man?  You are just getting out of this relationship and are already ready to date.  No relationship is going to work for you if you aren't in a good place yourself, KWIM?  Be single for a while.  Enjoy life! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 1:36 PM

I tried to make my marriage work, too, and hung in there for a very long time.  I should have left my ex years ago but was committed in a relationship that lasted 26 years.  I thought my ex was committed, too.  I was literally blindsided last August.  Take time for you now.  You've been hurt once too many times.  You are just now getting over a relationship that you know you gave 'your all'.  Be proud of that fact.  There is always someone else out there for us that IS meant for us.  If we trust in good things they will eventually come.  I enjoy being single but I am SO ready to move on with my life now.  I think I have been for quite some time.  Reality has finally set in. 

LOVEiink
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:38 PM

I agree with the previous posts.  Take some time for yourself...get comfortable with being single and being you.  I learned the hard way that no guy was going to respect me and I wasn't going to be happy in any relationship until I learned to love myself and learned how to live my life happily alone.  It's made me realize that I don't NEED a man to make me happy or make me feel complete...so when I actually have one, it's a nice addition, but no necessity.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN