Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Do you get child support?

Posted by   + Show Post
If not, why?

I don't get any because my baby daddy took off while I was still pregnant. And I figured if he's gonna stay away than we don't need anything from him. Little man and I are doing great without it. He gets everything he needs and i'm able to pay for everything I need with no problem.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:18 AM
Replies (41-41):
Mom2Two1083
by on May. 5, 2012 at 6:00 PM

My son's father and I originally agreed that we would split the cost of childcare and I would buy everything he needed for his time at my house and his father would buy everything he needed for his time at his house. After about a year he began telling me that he couldn't afford it and he was struggling...he was definitely not struggling by any means. I decided to take him to court just to make sure that he would not keep trying to get out of it...the judge ordered him to pay way more than I was even asking for and it is automatically taken from his paycheck. He makes sure to make me feel terrible about it every chance that he gets and continues to say he is struggling, but I would like to know how someone who is struggling buys new cars and takes trips to places like Las Vegas? The best was when I was in the hospital with my son while he was sick (I pay for his insurance and medical bills on my own and have since I was pregnant) and his father had the nerve to complain to me about how expensive engagement rings are because he has just proposed to the girl he was dating at the time!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN