Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Do you get child support?

Posted by   + Show Post
If not, why?

I don't get any because my baby daddy took off while I was still pregnant. And I figured if he's gonna stay away than we don't need anything from him. Little man and I are doing great without it. He gets everything he needs and i'm able to pay for everything I need with no problem.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:18 AM
Replies (21-30):
ms-superwoman
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:02 PM
Nope, he's supposed to pay but would go to jail before giving me a cent. He stays away, so I don't push it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NananRaysmom
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 1:10 PM
Sometimes...but I make sure I can spport my kids without any help...so any we get is a bonus...and usually goes into their savings.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tndsmomma28
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Yes, I get CS from my STBX.  He usually pays on time, but there have been a few months that he missed (he usually pays it back within a few months).

Jeni1124
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Not yet. My STBX said he won't give me a dime until he is court ordered to do so. I'm working on making that happen. One day he says that and the next day he says he'll pay half of anything she needs...I just need to call and ask him and give him receipts.

I'd rather just wait and get the court ordered support...he thinks he'll get receipts on what support was spent on. He's going to get a rude awakening.

Tish_Hughes
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:32 PM
Yep
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenn31
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 11:49 PM

yes, he pays.

Lyssa42
by Member on May. 5, 2012 at 5:31 AM
My daughters father denies knowing for sure that she is his but is sending 100 a week without court order right now he makes a lot of money and doesn't know I filed through the courts in my state he lives in another state and I will take what he sends for our daughter and get her whatever she needs or put it away for college for her! He is in for a rude awakening when the he gets served!
joneslr
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:50 AM

No child support and none was even credited to my permanent alimony payments to reduce what I have to pay out.  I ended up paying 58% of my net income as alimony.

ta2dirishlass
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Yep

MamasaurusPrime
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Yep. Through direct deposit too!

Ngi ne themba - I have hope.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)