Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

The ex introducing his GF

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:55 AM
  • 16 Replies
So my ex and I have been divorced 6 years our kids are DS 11 and DD 6. Our divorce was messy (under statement of the year!) so we've had ups and downs to getting along. When he wants to be civil we are and when he wants to call and tell me I'm a bad mother and a horrible person he does. He only sees them once a month. He calls me to make the arrangements for the pick up location and time for him to get kids and then asks if I think the kids will have a problem if his GF tags along this weekend... My response yeah they hardly get to see you as it is. So then he starts the yelling telling me it's ok for me to bring kids around my SO but not him. (SO and I have been together almost 5 years and dated for 8 months before he even met my kids but whatever). Do I prep my kids for this or wait til they come back and ask.... Just not sure what to do
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
corib4687
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:57 AM
I think he's going to do what he wants and she'll probably tag along...I would defiantly let your kids know she "may" be tagging along...they deserve the heads up :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sllytnkrbl
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:02 AM

I think you should prep them.   My stbxh introduced the kids to his gf two weeks after moving out of our home - he didn't state she was his gf but still it made it very awkward since the kids questioned why she was always around and I was the one left to answer the questions which I thought was unfair.  I eventually got him to agree to not bring her around the kids until after the divorce is final then he could sit them down and explain what her role in his life really is.  I will not be prepping them because I feel he needs to take responsibility for his actions but in my case the two of us get along and he sees the kids every week and calls them daily so they have a strong relationship and I trust him to actually talk to them in a responsible manner even though he didn't handle it quite responsibly before.   Because of your situation with your ex and how it seems he feels you are setting a double standard I think prepping your kids is a good idea because it seems like he doesn't see why its a big deal.

mommy_2_be_2010
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:02 AM
Idk my daughters dad and I were never married and he introduced his new "wife" to our daughter after she turned a year and we got a court order in place because he wanted to be a jerk tward me.

My daughter visits her dad on the weekends fri-sun and I get my time it works for both of us........
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on May. 4, 2012 at 10:05 AM
I would oreo them, he's gonna do what be wants.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newme101
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Talking to them first seems to be a good idea, so you can see how it makes them feel, so even if they get disappointed you know you prepared them for it first.

SinceresMomma
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Quoting corib4687:

I think he's going to do what he wants and she'll probably tag along...I would defiantly let your kids know she "may" be tagging along...they deserve the heads up :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SinceresMomma
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Quoting corib4687:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
animebuddy
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 12:38 PM
Nothing you can do about him bringing his gf around, but I would def just inform the kids that his gf will be there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:59 PM

My ex introduced his first child from his mistress to my DD even before I knew he was having an affair.  So, she knew about the affair and 'love child' before I did.  Then he told our DD about the second 'love child'.  She was still in the womb at the time.  My ex is a total dickhead for doing this to our DD.

PaperClip811
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:02 PM

your autocorrects crack me up sometimes ;o)

Quoting Mommyto2LilMen:

I would oreo them, he's gonna do what be wants.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN