Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

were forced to love our kids

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:54 AM
  • 33 Replies
I absolutly love and adore dd but yes somtimes I do feel that way..does this make me not ok? do u ever feel this way
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crimsonangel180
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:58 AM
4 moms liked this
How does the saying go.... I love you but I sure dont like you right now.I think iit is normal to not like there actions sometimes especially when they are young and testing limits (mine are there right now)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crzctl8de
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:00 AM

I think all of us feel this way at one point or another.  I know I have had my ups and downs and I've been a single mother since my dd birth, almost 17 years ago.  It is hard doing it by yourself, my aunts old saying was "I will always LOVE you but it doesn't always mean I HAVE to LIKE you." 

With a teenager, I tell that to myself quite often.  Even though there are some morning, I'd like just run away or push her out of the car (that is a joke, just so I don't get accused of anything). :)

lissetteP
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 11:03 AM
but its like regaurdless of how they act we either HAVE to love them or were bad moms..pick n choose..lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ame4c
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Quoting lissetteP:

but its like regaurdless of how they act we either HAVE to love them or were bad moms..pick n choose..lol

Love is a choice and sometimes not a very easy one to make.  I love my kids no matter what, even when I don't love what they do or have done.

I think a lot of people forget that love is a choice and this is why we have so many divorces in this world.  Sometimes you have to chose to love someone through the good, bad and the ugly.  It is no different for our children.

ame4c

cadeesmommy0120
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Quoting ame4c:

Quoting lissetteP:

Love is a choice and sometimes not a very easy one to make.  I love my kids no matter what, even when I don't love what they do or have done.

I think a lot of people forget that love is a choice and this is why we have so many divorces in this world.  Sometimes you have to chose to love someone through the good, bad and the ugly.  It is no different for our children.

I agree.

wigglesmomma22
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Quoting crzctl8de:

I think all of us feel this way at one point or another.  I know I have had my ups and downs and I've been a single mother since my dd birth, almost 17 years ago.  It is hard doing it by yourself, my aunts old saying was "I will always LOVE you but it doesn't always mean I HAVE to LIKE you." 

With a teenager, I tell that to myself quite often.  Even though there are some morning, I'd like just run away or push her out of the car (that is a joke, just so I don't get accused of anything). :)

lmao...that is hilarious..

SinceresMomma
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:25 PM
You should always love your kids no matter what. But likin them all the time is different. Like when my son misbehaves or throw his tantrums, I still love him but he drives me crazy with that ish
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LOVEiink
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Haha, I absolutely love my sons...but sometimes they can make me so mad that I just want to run away from them.  I think this is something all moms feel at least once (if not many more times), whether they'd like to admit it or not.  I don't think it makes you a bad mom or anything...just normal.

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on May. 4, 2012 at 1:43 PM
No, I loved them before I even net them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 2:41 PM

I don't feel forced in not loving my kids.  I will always love them.  But if they do something wrong, I have the choice to scold them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)