Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

am i wrong

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:28 PM
  • 21 Replies

so my daughter was born three months ago and her father came and saw her twice and then just stopped texting me.. is it wrong that he just texted me and i dnt want him around me or my daughter he didnt graduate and doesnt have a job. HE was talking to my friend on fb not knowing we was friends and she asked about who the baby on his page is and he said he thought he had a child but his ex cheated on him talking about me. so should i answer him and tell him to come visit or should i not reply?

by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 2:08 PM

I think it's completely up to you, but remember that even though he's not been the best father so far, he is still your baby's dad and has rights.

brieri
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

PaperClip811
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 2:12 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting nessababie:

so my daughter was born three months ago and her father came and saw her twice and then just stopped texting me.. is it wrong that he just texted me and i dnt want him around me or my daughter he didnt graduate and doesnt have a job. HE was talking to my friend on fb not knowing we was friends and she asked about who the baby on his page is and he said he thought he had a child but his ex cheated on him talking about me. so should i answer him and tell him to come visit or should i not reply?

None of that has any baring on him as a father figure. However, I would make it clear to him that he needs to be a consistent part of his child's life. Not coming around for weeks will have a negative impact on his bonding with his child. She will be afraid of him. He should be coming AT least once every week (or two) for several hours if he wants her to get used to his voice and smell etc...

SinceresMomma
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:16 PM
Just let him know he needs to be consistent with being in his daughters life not just here and there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nessababie
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:20 PM

i tried all of that when he stopped coming around i told him i would even bring her to his house and he didnt say anything.. when i was pregnant he was abusive so im kinda scared of how he will be with her when she starts crying hasnt brought anything for her. so to me i just dnt want him there and then leave because i have tried telling him how i feel when it comes to my daughter 

Robsessed98
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Agree.  Although I don't think he has done anything to cause you to not let him see the baby, I can understand your hesitation.

Quoting amonkeymom:

I think it's completely up to you, but remember that even though he's not been the best father so far, he is still your baby's dad and has rights.

Jeni1124
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Its his daughter, let him see her. Not having a job or graduating doesn't revoke his parental rights.

However, since he doesn't come around regularly and she's only 3 months old personally I would have supervised visits only. I'd also go to court and get support and a set vistation and custody.

nessababie
by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:03 PM

i was thinking about doing that but if i do that and he decides his street life is more important then im done 

Motherbird4
by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Never keep your child from a parent . (unless they harm the child ) they will blame you in the end .
photogal831
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this

He was physically abusive during the pregnancy? I believe he has a right to see her, but the fact that he was abusive previously, all visitation at this point needs to happen when you are around....he needs to earn some trust back before I would let him be alone with her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)