Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

do people not have pediatricians??? (or some other health provider)

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:42 PM
  • 37 Replies

I see so many posts asking "is my kid small?"  "is my kid the right size?"  "is she underweight?"  "is he overweight?"  "is he too short?"

do you take your kids to the dr?

what am I missing here?

by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brieri
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:46 PM

DK.  I think with this economy, who can afford healthcare these days?  My health insurance is rising high in the next month and I have no way of paying it.  What is with this Obama Affordable healthcare thing is what I want to know?  I don't have good paying job to even keep it in existence much longer.

KristinawithaK
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:47 PM

yeah, I suppose.  I guess I'm pretty fortunate to have healthcare, even though I pay an arm and a leg for it.

I just think it's a funny post.  I think I would go to google before I posted on CM.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=is+my+kid+the+right+size%3F

Quoting brieri:

DK.  I think with this economy, who can afford healthcare these days?  My health insurance is rising high in the next month and I have no way of paying it.  What is with this Obama Affordable healthcare thing is what I want to know?  I don't have good paying job to even keep it in existence much longer.

kidlover2
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:51 PM
Idk.... my girls are on Medicaid & go to the doctor regularly. I have low cost healthcare, but I only go when the pain is too much to bear.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KristinawithaK
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:52 PM

I can totally understand that.  my kids go regularly (once a year) and when sick.  they are always weighed and I can ask "what percentile are they in?" if I am curious as to how my kids measure up to other kids.

for example, I know that my son is small, he is in the 25% for both height and weight.  my daughter is tall and skinny, 60% for weight and 75% for height.

Quoting kidlover2:

Idk.... my girls are on Medicaid & go to the doctor regularly. I have low cost healthcare, but I only go when the pain is too much to bear.

Robsessed98
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:54 PM
2 moms liked this

I think they are just trying to figure out where their kids fit in.  I don't think they are asking for medical advice.

KristinawithaK
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:58 PM

that to me just seems silly and almost insulting.  that you are too lazy that you can't pick up the phone to call your PCP or google it.  you're probably already on a computer if you're on CM.  and if you're playing on CM from a phone, it's probably a smartphone with google capabilities.

Quoting Robsessed98:

I think they are just trying to figure out where their kids fit in.  I don't think they are asking for medical advice.

kidlover2
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:58 PM
True. I find it interesting that my doctor thinks based on my girls growth patterns, my 9 year old will be 6'1" my 5 year old 5'4" & my 3 year old 5'8".

Quoting Robsessed98:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KristinawithaK
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:59 PM

ooh!  I should ask if they can tell me that next time we go in!

Quoting kidlover2:

True. I find it interesting that my doctor thinks based on my girls growth patterns, my 9 year old will be 6'1" my 5 year old 5'4" & my 3 year old 5'8".

Quoting Robsessed98:

KristinawithaK
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:59 PM

and I'm off to lunch before I rip someone's face off.  low blood sugar makes me crabby, haha!  :)

kidlover2
by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:01 PM
You should! Very cool :)

Quoting KristinawithaK:

ooh!  I should ask if they can tell me that next time we go in!

Quoting kidlover2:

Quoting Robsessed98:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)