Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Who is your single mom hero?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Would you adopt a child even though you are single?

Options:

yes

no

maybe

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 29

View Results

A woman at my old church is my hero and she doesnt even know it! Its not because she is the pastor in charge of Operation in as Much which is a good works and a homeless shelter,or one of the associate pastors or the fact she helped me out when I really needed it! It because she as single woman decide to adopt two young girls from Vietnam! She did not have to choose the life of single motherhood but she did! She is one of the most loving moms I have ever seen and her example has been a touching and loving one to see! She even baptised her oldest daughter on Mothers day while thanking God for daughters birth mother for having the courage and love to give her up for adoption! She is my single mom hero! Who is yours?

by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:35 AM
Replies (11-20):
bxmom2580
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:32 PM
2 moms liked this
Im my own single mom hero, raiseing 3 boys with autism by myself and keeping my sanity is no easy task
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kcook55
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Quoting SweetlilM:

My Mom is my single mom hero! She did so much for me growing up and still does! I love her so much!

this my mom had me and my 2 brother and always had alot of my cousins she was caring for as well

StephMarie_Mom
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:03 AM
I am lucky! Thank you :)

Quoting capefearmom:

Wow thanks for sharing!! It sounds like you were very blessed to have your Uncle! And I dont blame you for seeing him as a parenting hero!combing

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms.sophsmom
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:04 AM
My Mama
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephMarie_Mom
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:06 AM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teenmama2twins
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:08 AM
My mommy :) single mom to 4 and a great one at that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TinaCrystal
by on May. 6, 2012 at 5:10 AM
My mom she survived with three kids and is doing really good for herself
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms-superwoman
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:57 AM
I don't have a hero.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtoboysjc
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:09 AM
I only knew one single mom before I became one and that was a friend of mine that lives in another state. I am the first single mom in my family.

Not to sound.stuckup but I am my own hero I guess. I do this every.day completely on my own. No family here, ex has no involvement nor does his family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zacknalexmom
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:23 AM

My grandmother. My grandparents divorced due that my grandfather cheated and left my grandmother for another woman. My grandmother had to learn how to drive and get her drivers liscense and get a full time job. The 1st job she ever had. :) She somehow made ends meet by sewing my moms clothes,canning food,selling Avon,etc. Even though my grandad tore my grandmothers heart peices she went on in life. She remarried and this man cheated on her also. She divorced him and to this day she hates men. lol They have left a bitter place in her life. She is passed away and gone now but she helped me and my children when I needed it. She has left a legacy in my life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)