Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Who is your single mom hero?

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:35 AM
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: Would you adopt a child even though you are single?

Options:

yes

no

maybe

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 29

View Results

A woman at my old church is my hero and she doesnt even know it! Its not because she is the pastor in charge of Operation in as Much which is a good works and a homeless shelter,or one of the associate pastors or the fact she helped me out when I really needed it! It because she as single woman decide to adopt two young girls from Vietnam! She did not have to choose the life of single motherhood but she did! She is one of the most loving moms I have ever seen and her example has been a touching and loving one to see! She even baptised her oldest daughter on Mothers day while thanking God for daughters birth mother for having the courage and love to give her up for adoption! She is my single mom hero! Who is yours?

by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
StephMarie_Mom
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:49 AM
3 moms liked this
My own mom. And many of the women in my own family who've become single moms for various reasons.

And to answer your question, yes I would. If I were in the proper position to take in a child I knew that was in a bad position and needed a home, I would take them in. In my family we help each other raise all of the kids. When I was growing up, one of my younger cousins was having problems with his mom (his mom and dad-who is my uncle, divorced and his mom received custody) and his dad wasn't able to take him at the time. So, my mom received temporary custody and brought him in. He lived with us for about 2yrs. Another one of my uncles (my favorite one) has helped my mom raise me since my father wasn't there. He's not a single mom, but he was a single dad until he got remarried. He helped raise me and 5 of his nephews when our own fathers wouldn't step up. So, I guess I don't have just single mom hero's, I have parental hero's. Parents aren't always the ones who birth us, but those who raise us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
capefearmom
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow thanks for sharing!! It sounds like you were very blessed to have your Uncle! And I dont blame you for seeing him as a parenting hero!combing

MamasaurusPrime
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:05 AM

This sounds really sick and conceited, but myself.

I think I am a good example for other Aboriginal single moms. Most of them drop out of high school and live off welfare for the rest of their lives, but I kept on trucking. I am almost done my first degree program and I did it all with very little financial support from my son's father.

If I can do it, they can do it.

Ngi ne themba - I have hope.

Chanel5nyc
by Shanell on May. 5, 2012 at 11:53 AM
2 moms liked this
Me.
ta2dirishlass
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:56 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm with Krista and Chanel. I've busted my butt since my daughter was born to get my degree, so I'm pretty proud of myself.

MissTuree
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 1:25 PM

I actually don't know many single mothers. The women in my family just keep sticking with the same guy that is a piece of s***t just so they won't be alone and can say, "at least I'm still with my baby daddy". I said eff all that noise, so I guess I too am my own hero. I chose to be single, and I'd choose it all over again if I had too.

As for adopting another, I almost took in my cousin. I didn't only because he had a big brother and I didn't want to take one without the other....but I knew I couldn't afford 3 kids on my own. If I am single later on in life I most definitely will be adopting a child/children.

workoutmom2b1g
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:20 PM

My Mommmy is my single MOM hero! Love her to pieces and not sure how she did it! 

SweetlilM
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this
My Mom is my single mom hero! She did so much for me growing up and still does! I love her so much!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommynac
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:03 PM

I aspire to be DS hero every day.

quickbooksworm
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this
My aunt. She raised 3 kids by herself with little help from their father. One was special needs. She also put herself through college after she became a single mom. Her kids are all grown now and she's working on her doctorate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN