Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Signing over his rights *update*

My dd's dad is for sure signing over his rights he called me yesterday and his dad said he'll pay for it. Hes contacting his lawyer to print out the paperwork for us to sign. I told most of you he'd rather sign her over then pay cs which is best for her and I. I am so happy right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:48 AM
Replies (41-50):
MamasaurusPrime
by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I always got yer back ma!! :D

Quoting xpectingmama10:

Thanks mama I thought the same thing if she was infact being sarcastic I could give two shits. Im not doing it *just* because I want to if thats what she THINKS im doing it to PROTECT my child.

Ngi ne themba - I have hope.

xpectingmama10
by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:46 PM
They need to read the whole post and comments instead of judging me for taking her from a daddy whom shes never met and has always hated her since I was 4 weeks pregnant. Lol if he was a good daddy id never do this. All my case workers and therapist agree..i needed therapy for all the emotional mentally physical abuse and I been on depression pills for extreme anxiety which I have been off of for two months now and going strong yaaaay :)

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

Quoting xpectingmama10:

Thanks mama I thought the same thing if she was infact being sarcastic I could give two shits. Im not doing it *just* because I want to if thats what she THINKS im doing it to PROTECT my child.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamasaurusPrime
by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Oh boy. I would just ignore them, they can't affect you from behind a screen. They have the capacity to read, but ridiculously choose not to. SMH.

Quoting xpectingmama10:

They need to read the whole post and comments instead of judging me for taking her from a daddy whom shes never met and has always hated her since I was 4 weeks pregnant. Lol if he was a good daddy id never do this. All my case workers and therapist agree..i needed therapy for all the emotional mentally physical abuse and I been on depression pills for extreme anxiety which I have been off of for two months now and going strong yaaaay :)

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

Quoting xpectingmama10:

xpectingmama10
by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:59 PM
Lol...i just laugh

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

Oh boy. I would just ignore them, they can't affect you from behind a screen. They have the capacity to read, but ridiculously choose not to. SMH.

Quoting xpectingmama10:

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

Quoting xpectingmama10:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamasaurusPrime
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this

You have the right attitude!

Quoting xpectingmama10:

Lol...i just laugh

IWannaLoveAgain
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this

No, I was being serious. I am glad its that easy for her in her state. I read the replies before I commented.

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or if you're actually congratulating her.

Her ex was extremely abusive.

Quoting IWannaLoveAgain:

I'm glad its that easy in your state. In TN a biofather cannot *just* sign over his rights because he wants to.. and a mother cannot have them sign over *just* because she wants it that way..

xpectingmama10
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:28 PM

All he has to do is get his lawyer to print up the papers we both sign he gets it notorized and its done and over with :) he doesn't even ask about DD when he calls me its just about the legal actions...he even hears her in the background and ignores her. 

Quoting IWannaLoveAgain:

No, I was being serious. I am glad its that easy for her in her state. I read the replies before I commented.

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or if you're actually congratulating her.

Quoting IWannaLoveAgain:

I'm glad its that easy in your state. In TN a biofather cannot *just* sign over his rights because he wants to.. and a mother cannot have them sign over *just* because she wants it that way..

IWannaLoveAgain
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:45 PM

I started this same process a few years ago, and was told that I can't just have his rights taken away because neither of us want him to be a part of our kids' lives. He hasn't seen them in 3 1/2 years. There is a time frame in which if he doesn't contact me, then I can start the process.. however, when we go in front of a judge, he has to be there to fight and give his side of the story. Also, its hard to be the ONLY parent in a situation, it would be much easier if I was remarried and my new husband adopted them- but condisering I'm not married, that isn't an option yet.

I did have his Parenting time suspended thru the state. Which basically means the same thing as they are terminated, except he can fulfill a bunc of thing I put in the petition and will have the suspension lifted. But he doesn't even know about the peition that was granted to me in June of 2010.

I've decided to let sleeping dogs lie until he starts trying to contact me again. I told him 4 years ago that he could do it right or not at all, and he made his choice. Now he's off playing daddy to some little girl, and her baby.. and I'm fine with that. But its taken a long time to get where we are, and to have my boys lives settled back down and into a routine, and they love my boyfriend and he is their father figure.. I wont take that away from them and confuse them with his manipulative ways whenever he decides its convenient to be back in their lives. That isn't fair to them.

But I am glad that you were able to do this so easily- or as easily as its been for you, which is an understatment, I know. Its tough when things like this happen. But you're doing right by your daughter, protecting her like a mother should. That is one thing to be proud of and one thing your DD will always cherish about you. :)

Quoting xpectingmama10:

All he has to do is get his lawyer to print up the papers we both sign he gets it notorized and its done and over with :) he doesn't even ask about DD when he calls me its just about the legal actions...he even hears her in the background and ignores her. 

Quoting IWannaLoveAgain:

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

Quoting IWannaLoveAgain:

xpectingmama10
by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Jeez! They are difficult where you are! What state are you in? i'm in CA

Hopefully your kids "dad" stays away. I have been told that i can put my boyfriend as her male dependent we have been together for a year things were rocky and he was a jerk we got help though and hes been wonderful i wasn't innocent either i took out my past on him. So i'm going to put him down so the process will be easier.  

Quoting IWannaLoveAgain:

I started this same process a few years ago, and was told that I can't just have his rights taken away because neither of us want him to be a part of our kids' lives. He hasn't seen them in 3 1/2 years. There is a time frame in which if he doesn't contact me, then I can start the process.. however, when we go in front of a judge, he has to be there to fight and give his side of the story. Also, its hard to be the ONLY parent in a situation, it would be much easier if I was remarried and my new husband adopted them- but condisering I'm not married, that isn't an option yet.

I did have his Parenting time suspended thru the state. Which basically means the same thing as they are terminated, except he can fulfill a bunc of thing I put in the petition and will have the suspension lifted. But he doesn't even know about the peition that was granted to me in June of 2010.

I've decided to let sleeping dogs lie until he starts trying to contact me again. I told him 4 years ago that he could do it right or not at all, and he made his choice. Now he's off playing daddy to some little girl, and her baby.. and I'm fine with that. But its taken a long time to get where we are, and to have my boys lives settled back down and into a routine, and they love my boyfriend and he is their father figure.. I wont take that away from them and confuse them with his manipulative ways whenever he decides its convenient to be back in their lives. That isn't fair to them.

But I am glad that you were able to do this so easily- or as easily as its been for you, which is an understatment, I know. Its tough when things like this happen. But you're doing right by your daughter, protecting her like a mother should. That is one thing to be proud of and one thing your DD will always cherish about you. :)

Quoting xpectingmama10:

Quoting IWannaLoveAgain:

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

Quoting IWannaLoveAgain:

IWannaLoveAgain
by on May. 6, 2012 at 5:42 PM

I live in TN. There are exceptions and people who have it easier.. but I wasn't one of those people. :\ But we are in a happy place where we are right now, and if that changes, then I'll make sure they stay as happy as they are while I fight for them!

Quoting xpectingmama10:

Jeez! They are difficult where you are! What state are you in? i'm in CA

Hopefully your kids "dad" stays away. I have been told that i can put my boyfriend as her male dependent we have been together for a year things were rocky and he was a jerk we got help though and hes been wonderful i wasn't innocent either i took out my past on him. So i'm going to put him down so the process will be easier.  

Quoting IWannaLoveAgain:

Quoting xpectingmama10:

Quoting IWannaLoveAgain:

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

Quoting IWannaLoveAgain:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN