Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I feel like an outcast some times!

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:00 PM
  • 9 Replies

So I have the chance to go out tonight (if I had a sitter) & Im not doing it (cuz I could ask my parents to watch the kids for a few hours). Why? Because the ppl I would be hanging out with are old classmates who I was never friends with back in high school (almost 20 years ago). There is probably 20 ppl going out tonight & I am only friends with one of them (a girl I was never friends with back then but have reconnected with lately). I WANT to go out, but have no desire to see these ppl.

So how do I go about meeting new ppl? All my friends are younger (by at least 10 years) so I have nothing in common with them & we don't hang out together outside of work. I'm tired of being this way & want to change it, but don't know how!

IDK- maybe I'm just down in the dumps because I see my ex hanging out with his friends & being with his baby mamma. I feel like the only guys who want to hang out with me are losers (one guy that is hitting on me from school is still married & I never had an interest in him back then & certainly don't now). Will there ever be light at the end of my tunnel?

by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on May. 5, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Go with your friend and the people from school.  It's been 20 years, I bet they've changed a lot!

CampClan
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 2:49 PM

I'm sure they have, but they weren't people I would have hung out with back then. And my parents have already watched my kids 2 nights in a row this week so they probably won't tonight.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 5, 2012 at 2:58 PM
I'd go out with them just to get out of the house. Who cares if you wouldn't have hung out with them or if you ever will again. Enjoy some mama time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DixieL
by Member on May. 5, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Go out with them. After twenty years they have probably changed and you might have fun. They could also become your friends now. If worse came to worse you could always just hang out with the girl you know, but I bet you might be surprised and have fun. You have nothing to lose if you try

hollinicole
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 3:22 PM
I am no help am 23 and have the same problem.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CampClan
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 3:30 PM

I guess the other thing that is holding me back is that they are all meeting at a bar & I'm not really a bar kind of gal. I will have a social drink if I am out to dinner, but I don't go to bars. Plus I have no money to be drinking.

grneyedormom
by Kendra on May. 5, 2012 at 5:52 PM

A long time friend of mine just went to his 20 year reunion. He was like you, didn't really hang out with any of the classmates that arranged the reunion. I told him that people change over the course of 20 years and worse comes to worse he can leave early, but that he should go. To get out of the house and try to have a little fun! Know what, he had fun! So, I suggest that you go, and enjoy yourself. Bars serve soda and water, drink that! No one will look at you weird for ordering soda or water, that's what I drink when I go to the bar. I'm always the driver!

CampClan
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Oh it's not that I don't drink- I just don't like the bar scene. Plus no money & no sitter. It was impromptu so if I had more of a warning I would have saved some money back & hired a sitter.

Quoting grneyedormom:

A long time friend of mine just went to his 20 year reunion. He was like you, didn't really hang out with any of the classmates that arranged the reunion. I told him that people change over the course of 20 years and worse comes to worse he can leave early, but that he should go. To get out of the house and try to have a little fun! Know what, he had fun! So, I suggest that you go, and enjoy yourself. Bars serve soda and water, drink that! No one will look at you weird for ordering soda or water, that's what I drink when I go to the bar. I'm always the driver!

brieri
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2012 at 8:29 PM

I think you answered your own question.  As always if you don't find the fun there, you can turn around and go home to your kids. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)