Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

anybody not have anybody?

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:25 PM
  • 12 Replies

I am a mother of a 2 year old and have nobody for any emotional or other support.My family- mother, sister etc have been atrocious to me and make me cry daily but do not help me at all.They leave me terrible voicemails, texts etc and never visit me or want to help with anything, like I am a stranger.

I look around and see other new moms with their supportive families and am so hurt all the time.

I feel alone and that I have nobody. (my husband is abusive so kicked him out because cannot have that in front of my child). Does anybody out there feel like this? It seems that I am the only one who has nobody to even speak to or even get a hug, nice word, etc....:-(

by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sllytnkrbl
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:36 PM

I have a very loving family but I can't count on them when I need someone to talk to in regards to the stbxh - they just take what I say and call him names then tell me everything I need to do to get back at him - they then go and tell everyone what a jerk they think he is, exaggerating the truth to make him appear worse so I don't bother - honestly he's the only thing I ever need support with right now and it sucks to have to work through it alone.   I know it hurts to have no one there to help - when my kids were toddlers I did it all on my own, the stbxh is a truck driver and was only home a couple of days a week - I never wanted to be beholden to anyone so I took on everything alone.   It does suck but I found that venting on cm helped a bit - strangers are often easier to talk to because there are no preconceptions and no holding back.   You need to eliminate the ones who hurt you from your life and concentrate on your happiness, it's better to be alone then surrounded by toxic people.  

mommynac
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Hugs to you! I feel lonely sometimes too. I have some family support, but I also have lots of friends who have been like a family to me. If you're open to church, that can be a great place to find support and a family atmosphere. I do get lonely from time to time. I think it's just part of being a single mommy...

MLSIERRA
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:08 PM

much hugs to you, I think all single moms in some way or another feel lonely.  But some marry women also feel lonely even if they have a husband. So like the prior post said if you can attend a church where they can support you or make friends. I also feel lonely even though I have some family members close by. I also attend a christian church and get support from church members. Even though I dont know you I want you to know you are not alone. If you ever need to talk message me. hugs mama we are all  here for each other.hugs

bxmom2580
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:13 PM
I used to feel like this, I was adopted, me and my adoptive mother never got along, I never met my bio family, the only real family I have is my kids, and over time I learned to accept my reality and move on

Quoting evajac:

I am a mother of a 2 year old and have nobody for any emotional or other support.My family- mother, sister etc have been atrocious to me and make me cry daily but do not help me at all.They leave me terrible voicemails, texts etc and never visit me or want to help with anything, like I am a stranger.

I look around and see other new moms with their supportive families and am so hurt all the time.

I feel alone and that I have nobody. (my husband is abusive so kicked him out because cannot have that in front of my child). Does anybody out there feel like this? It seems that I am the only one who has nobody to even speak to or even get a hug, nice word, etc....:-(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lyssa42
by Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:13 PM
I believe all of us single moms at one time or another feel this way what helps me is looking into my child's eyes and knowing I will be strong for her any support groups in your area!?!
MicahBoo07
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:03 AM

When I had my first son I felt like I had no support around me. I cried for a year because I had no one to talk to. When I had my 2nd boy I didn't feel that way I just went on with life. It is very over whelming to have a baby and to be a single mother. U don't need anymore stress so don't listen to there voice mail messages or text just tell them if they have nothing good or nice to say then they will be blocked from ur phone(I just learned how to do that). Just think about ur baby and all the love u need to give the baby and don't focuse on all the wrong things going on or people that are silly. Hope it gets better for u!

kittiecat88
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:07 AM
I'm right there with u, and have been for the last 6 yrs. No friends, not much family support at all I live alone and spend everyday alone wth my 2 children, no social interactions outside the kids and talking to my mom on the phone. Private message me if u ever wanna talk :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
evajac
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:23 AM

BUMP!

Jeni114
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:26 PM
I feel the same way. I do not have any family other than my three kids. To make it tougher I do not have a vehicle so even getting groceries is difficult. I have three friends, but they all are very busy. I just started watching one friends 12 week old full time too. I'm at home all the time and cannot find anyone to watch my kids. My friends all have family support and it does hurt. The one who's little one I take care of has it all. She got pregnant and her mom gave her an SUV. Her mom buys her groceries every week even though she is perfectly capable of buying her own food. Don't get me wrong, she is a good friend, but it is not easy to see how easy she has it when I have to struggle just to get food or diapers. I have to wait to go to the store until I only have one kid because no one has room for all three with their car seats. They are all stiill young. Only one in school. The only thing that keeps me going is the love I have for my kids. They are so beautiful and smart and I'd do anything for them. The last thing I expected was to be a single mother and I hate being single, but I know this is how it will be for now. All I can say is I understand how you feel and I hope it gets better for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Lots of times, have been in same situation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN